Procomp LED Light Bar - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-12-2012, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Procomp LED Light Bar

Anyone have any experience with the Procomp LED light bars? I know that the most popular choice for LED is probably Rigid. Vision X and Baja Designs are also great options, but they're so expensive to get in 40" or 50" bars to mount above the windshield. Also, Trail Worthy Fab has a cheaper alternative but only has a 1 year warranty. The Procomp uses Cree LEDs which are apparently high quality and has a limited lifetime warranty. At $660 shipped for the 40" it's definitely much cheaper than the other options and it has a nice warranty. For comparison, the 40" rigid has 12,800 lumens and the Procomp 39" has 10,044 lumens. Any experience/opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Granite Guru

Whoa! $660 shipped???? I gotta check that out.
post #3 of 25 Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Smittybilt has the same models. I don't like the looks of the Pro-Comp ones. I like the encrusted stadium light look that Rigid has going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

I am a Rigid fanboy. Also when I buy Rigid I am supporting a local to me company. correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Baja Designs and Vision X are more expensive than the Rigid too. Personally, if I wanted a 40-50" light bar, I'd probably just save for a Rigid one.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #5 of 25 Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Baja Designs and Vision X are more expensive than the Rigid too.
-Dan
Baja Designs is more expensive in than the SR light from Rigid, and cheaper than the E series. At the same time the light output of the BD light is almost the same as the E series light with user changeable optics, and a high/low/strobe mode.

The independent reviews I have seen so far have put the Baja Designs above the Rigid E-Series, but we will see what happend when Rigid changes the LED they use on the E-Series in the next few months.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #6 of 25 Old 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Garage

I believe the ProComps are made by VisionX, just without some of the bells and whistles.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 25 Old 05-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have a procomp 10 and one of my duallys is brighter. I was very dissapointed when I got it and turned it on. Also note that the focus is narrow.... The light looks yellow when you compare the light to others overall not impressed with mine.
post #8 of 25 Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I believe the ProComps are made by VisionX, just without some of the bells and whistles.
That's reassuring. If money was no object, I'd want to go with VisionX. Thanks!
post #9 of 25 Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I have a procomp 10 and one of my duallys is brighter. I was very dissapointed when I got it and turned it on. Also note that the focus is narrow.... The light looks yellow when you compare the light to others overall not impressed with mine.
Was it a weaker light output compared to one regular dually or one dually d2? Also, sad to see that the light output is narrow and more yellowish. I would want to have pure white light.
So you would not recommend the ProComps to anyone?
post #10 of 25 Old 05-15-2012, 07:43 PM
j5
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Bells and whistles on an LED such as....
post #11 of 25 Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejk09 View Post
Was it a weaker light output compared to one regular dually or one dually d2? Also, sad to see that the light output is narrow and more yellowish. I would want to have pure white light.
So you would not recommend the ProComps to anyone?
I would not recommend them unless you are ok with the idea of the light not being as white as something like a rigid. The light output on the D2's seems better to me and I would recommend a set of those versus a procomp 10.
post #12 of 25 Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Granite Guru

I have a 10" Pro Comp mounted on my fair lead. Dually's mounted on the A pillars. Color is equal and the 10" fills the gap between he Dually's perfectly. I am getting ready to order another 10" for a back up light.

EVO King Coil overs on front 3.5" Rock Krawler springs Radflo shocks on rear, RK Long Arm, ARB Stubby front, DNA rear winch bumper, 37" Super Swamper M16 on Raceline Monster Beadlocks, Rockhard 4X4 cage......
post #13 of 25 Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Tan Rubicon View Post
I have a 10" Pro Comp mounted on my fair lead. Dually's mounted on the A pillars. Color is equal and the 10" fills the gap between he Dually's perfectly. I am getting ready to order another 10" for a back up light.
Nice. Glad to hear some opinions and reviews on these things. There are few to no reviews on them.

So you said you find the light color to be pretty white like the duallys? And how would you compare the light output/performance to the duallys?
post #14 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 04:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
You are correct, as far as what other differences there are, I couldn't say. If I had to guess, it would be the limited warranty.

Most of Vision X's lights carry an extended lifetime warranty on non consumable parts where the Procomps appear to only carry a one year.

Again this is my theory, until someone privy to such information posts up, its the best I can offer.

On a side note, if you are really wanting the Rigid 40"...I just happen to know where two are for a significant savings...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=300

/

Last edited by Loki646; 05-25-2012 at 06:59 AM.
post #15 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
You are correct, as far as what other differences there are, I couldn't say. If I had to guess, it would be the limited warranty.

Most of Vision X's lights carry an extended lifetime warranty on non consumable parts where the Procomps appear to only carry a one year.
The procomp LEDs carry a limited lifetime warranty according to pro comp's site? What's the difference between that and Vision X's?

And btw, someone's going to get a great deal on your rigid 40s. They should sell quickly.
post #16 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Tan Rubicon View Post
Look at them head on you will see a color difference... Hard to tell if you look out from the jeep and they are both on as the dually's generally over power so you cant see the difference in color.
Another way to tell is to find someone else that has one or the other and only turn on one of your sets and one of theirs. The pro comp light output is not as white and is very obvious to everyone that has seen mine in person.
post #17 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
The procomp LEDs carry a limited lifetime warranty according to pro comp's site? What's the difference between that and Vision X's?
hmm..could've sworn it said 1 yr, but I'm seeing lifetime as well, so I'm like Hit, not sure what the difference is to explain the $ difference.

ProComp

Vision X

/

Last edited by Loki646; 05-25-2012 at 01:04 PM.
post #18 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Garage

There is more difference than just the warranty.

I was told what it was by VisionX but I cant remember exactly but I think it has to do with the heat management circuitry or something along those lines which allows the VisionX to be brighter. In essence, the ProComp is the "Sahara" model and the VisionX the "Rubicon"

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #19 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
There is more difference than just the warranty.

I was told what it was by VisionX but I cant remember exactly but I think it has to do with the heat management circuitry or something along those lines which allows the VisionX to be brighter. In essence, the ProComp is the "Sahara" model and the VisionX the "Rubicon"
it wouldn't be the wattage would it? I know the PCs are 3 watt and Vision X has multiple wattage versions. Does anyone know if the PCs Dimmable?

/

post #20 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
it wouldn't be the wattage would it? I know the PCs are 3 watt and Vision X has multiple wattage versions. Does anyone know if the PCs Dimmable?
I think The VisionX runs a higher wattage because of some kind of heat management system they use which is not put in the ProComp light therefore the ProComp light doesn't run as high of wattage and is also the reason it is cheaper to purchase.

I will try to find out for sure.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #21 of 25 Old 05-25-2012, 05:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I think The VisionX runs a higher wattage because of some kind of heat management system they use which is not put in the ProComp light therefore the ProComp light doesn't run as high of wattage and is also the reason it is cheaper to purchase.

I will try to find out for sure.
If you don't get an answer before then, I'll try to reach Derick with Vision X next week and see what I can find out.

/

post #22 of 25 Old 05-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Nice. Glad to hear some opinions and reviews on these things. There are few to no reviews on them.

So you said you find the light color to be pretty white like the duallys? And how would you compare the light output/performance to the duallys?
Sitting in the Jeep I can't tell a difference in color. My Dually's are pointed a little outward and the bar is straight. I can say that mounting is the same as Vision X. I have had it on my Jeep for almost a year. No moisture problems, I have a Vision X Transmitter if I remember correctly on the rear and it holds moisture. To give you an idea I am thinking of ordering another 10" or a 20" for the rear bumper.

EVO King Coil overs on front 3.5" Rock Krawler springs Radflo shocks on rear, RK Long Arm, ARB Stubby front, DNA rear winch bumper, 37" Super Swamper M16 on Raceline Monster Beadlocks, Rockhard 4X4 cage......
post #23 of 25 Old 06-01-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for all the great info everyone. Its nice to finally hear some real opinions of these. Hit and Loki, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys find out.
post #24 of 25 Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Motorsports2

Hit and Loki, I talked to both of you guys in Florida. I can answer the questions about the Pro comp bar, but obviously need to maintain some political correctness too.
Bottom line, the Pro comp bar does have different electronics and optics which does account for the different output and beam characteristics. The Pro Comp bar is a good bar, it fills a necessary niche in the pricing for LED light bars across the board.

There are many options for LED bars, but this is not the thread to go into that. I'd be happy to start a new one, or participate in a thread anybody else would like to start. Just let me know. Since I work for VisionX now, I have to take a different posture on the forums.

I'm much more interested in talking about LED lighting as a whole, and can really explain what it all means, I started this thread last year, https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53055
But technology is moving so fast, there are new things to talk about. Do you want to continue with this thread, since there is a good base there?

post #25 of 25 Old 06-04-2012, 03:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsports2 View Post
Hit and Loki, I talked to both of you guys in Florida. I can answer the questions about the Pro comp bar, but obviously need to maintain some political correctness too.
Bottom line, the Pro comp bar does have different electronics and optics which does account for the different output and beam characteristics. The Pro Comp bar is a good bar, it fills a necessary niche in the pricing for LED light bars across the board.

There are many options for LED bars, but this is not the thread to go into that. I'd be happy to start a new one, or participate in a thread anybody else would like to start. Just let me know. Since I work for VisionX now, I have to take a different posture on the forums.

I'm much more interested in talking about LED lighting as a whole, and can really explain what it all means, I started this thread last year, https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53055
But technology is moving so fast, there are new things to talk about. Do you want to continue with this thread, since there is a good base there?
Works for me, thanks for the brief insight on the differences. I meant to give you a call last week on this, but got caught up in the day to day stuff.

/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode