Benchmark Designs Dual Batteries - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-08-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Benchmark Designs Dual Batteries

I have had the top of the line Benchmark Designs Dual Battery system in my '07 JKU for quite a while. A couple weeks ago a friend and I disconnected the batteries to swap my 6-speed transmission for an automatic. I am now having problems with the primary red-top Optima gel battery, and think we may have incorrectly re-connected the batteries. Benchmark Designs has not responded to my repeated requests for installation instructions.

Does anyone have the installation instructions they could scan and email me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
TJT
Rock God

Did you have your batteries checked? I had two yellow tops go bad after 2 years on my kit (using benchmark also,) but I think it was the batteries and not necessarily the kit at fault.

I also sent Benchmark emails, phone messages, and PM's. Got a response a few weeks later, but they we're really not much help and stopped responding after I sent them pics and info on what I had and defined my problem.

I have the K.I.S.S dual battery system, their first generation that they have since changed.

I am still running the wiring the original way since I haven't had any problems, but I did get their revised wiring kit and instructions. If that's what you need, I can send a scan of the instructions your way, drop me a PM with your email address.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Vin
Granite Guru

It's basically red to red, black to black. Where do you think you messed up? The red goes to red terminal, with the red cable to the Smart Solenoid. The black goes to the black terminal, then the shorter black cable goes to the Aux batteries black terminal. The other red cable from the Smart Solenoid goes to Aux battery.

Here's a pic when I first installed, before I cleaned up the wiring so you can kinda see where everything goes.

Last edited by Vin; 05-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Rock God

Why do people still order from this company. How are they in business?

Sent from my iPad on the toilet
post #5 of 9 Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Vin
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbilt View Post

Sent from my iPad on the toilet
I've had mine for over a year now. I received mine just as people were reporting problems. It's still a good product. It was so good, he couldn't keep up with demand and ran into his problems.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbilt View Post
The products and price points are pretty good. It's the failure to mention how many orders he needs to fill before he can order the next batch from his suppliers for assembly thats the problem.

I bought my evap skid, dual battery kit and oil pan from Benchmark back in 2009 when he first came around to JKF. The battery kit arrived in 10 days, though the oil pan and evap skid took about 3 months before they mysteriously showed up. His shipping used at the time showed all products shipped even when they werent shipping right away.

Through no reply from them I posted a "complaint" on JKF and it was deleted and I got a warning. Many people don't know, but JKF vendors get generally positive reviews because no one is allowed to post anything negative. Thats how Benchmark got more and more business then snook over here and pissed off a few people.

Since my one and only order, I don't care how great their stuff is, their customer experience is extremely bad. I often don't even mention their products on my Jeep.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 PM

benchmark

Hi all, sorry to hash up a old link but i too have fallen victim to Benchmarks poor customer service, i just recieved a battery tray from him that took tow months to arrive, and it has no instructions in it, and as all have complained about before, he wont answer my emails, so if one of you still happen to have a copy of them and you can scan and email them to me that would be appreciated.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-29-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko73 View Post
Hi all, sorry to hash up a old link but i too have fallen victim to Benchmarks poor customer service, i just recieved a battery tray from him that took tow months to arrive, and it has no instructions in it, and as all have complained about before, he wont answer my emails, so if one of you still happen to have a copy of them and you can scan and email them to me that would be appreciated.
Anyone able to help with this, Benchmark are arseholes
post #9 of 9 Old 08-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Rock God

Garage

Do you need instructions for installing the tray or the wires?

For the tray, you can probably figure out installation using the instructions for the M.O.R.E. tray as they are all pretty much the same. PDF download or click here and then on the installations instructions PDF sheet.

For the wires, you can probably Google the manufacturers name and look for their website for instructions. Here's the page for a Cole Hersee isolator, there's a couple of PDFs you can download at the bottom. You can probably deduct the information you need from the pictures in the PDFs.

This is basically what I went with instead of the Benchmark tray. Hope this helps.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode