Which radio harness? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Which radio harness?

I have a 2010 jeep wrangler that had a factory rer nav head unit as well as factory infinity system. I removed the head unit, infinity amp, and all speakers.. I removed both harnesses and am running w/o a radio or speakers at all.. My vehicle is not acting right electrically now. Has a no fuse indicator light on dash and when I hook my code reader up to it it flashes no radio detected and no amp detected. My remote start currently does not work nor does my key fobs. I can crank the vehicle fine and it drives fine. After I turn vehicle off and pull key from ignition the car stays running momentarily before it shuts off. Ideally believe that once I reinstall a radio in the car that my electrical issues will be resolved. I am going to be putting in a jvc nav unit and will be putting in component speakers Ll around With a probox loaded enclosure. My question is which radio harness do I need to purchase? I think that I can just buy the regular wiring harness since I no longer run the factory infinity. The regular harness still has the two canvas wires that communicate with it. Has anyone ever ran into this situation before? I think I will ultimately have to go to the dealership to reprogram computer do that it won't look for the factory amp. But idk. Going to start with radio install first to see if that solves my electrical bugs since I've pissed off the can bus apparently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

So the harness is still intact but the amp and head unit are not installed? Are you planning on using the existing wires where applicable or a system from scratch? Because of this "can bus" thing that appears to be tied to even the color of your floor liners I would suggest hitting up Crutchfield's site for a system harness so you can upgrade the head unit and maintain the OE plug-in There may also be one on there about amplifier upgrades as well. Speakers shouldnt matter at all. If you're going to upgrade your sound, upgrade everything with it.

An aftermarket harness should give your new head unit all vehicle tied features as the OE unit had, it's tricking the can-bus that the amp is there. Maybe Crutchfield has a harness for that also.

Just choose Outfit My Car on their site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

Last edited by DisaMent; 04-24-2012 at 08:24 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I e done that..i have to call..can find nothing to trick the can bus to tell it the amp is still there...but i cut my factory harness..am intending on getting a replacement regular harness so i can splice it back in..only using power wires really from harness.. Running amps for speakers and new sub so won't use factory speaker wires...but freakin can bus man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

If your replacement amp is not located in the factory amps location just leave the factory amp there until you figure something out. I'll think about it today...got some Mac issues I'm dealing with...

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #5 of 7 Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The factory amp is alrdy uninstalled. I may stick a 5 channel there...plenty of room depending on the brand. We'll see how it goes
post #6 of 7 Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Wheeler

i have the infinity system in a 2008, where is the factory amp located. i have a sony head connected to the factory speakers. the speakers sound like crap so i am planning on scrapping the factory stuff altogether
post #7 of 7 Old 06-08-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Under the steering column behind that knee panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode