Baja Designs LED Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Baja Designs LED Install

I just got my Baja Designs Stealth & Stryker Lights last week. The quality is amazing and the light output from the 20" Stealth is....well insane.!! I will get some more pics up but wanted to show what I have done so far.
The packaging, plug and play wiring and quality is awesome.......

My mounts for the Squadrons will be the PSC Units for the wiondow and the Mount I am using for the front bumper will be replaced by Baja Designs Tube adaptors.

These lights should help light the way home to Ca!
Attached Images

Method Motorsports

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Just some more pictures of the lights and wiring. In the future I will be wiring everything to a 12VoltGuy Panel.
Attached Images

Method Motorsports

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Rock God

I just finished mounting and wiring the 20"Stealth bar to my AEV bumper last weekend, and after trying it out I had to double check to make sure my headlights were even on. The output is amazing. Since trying them out I finished wiring the high/low/strobe wire up to my sPod, and now I will need to head out and try them again, and maybe take some pictures.

I am interested to see what you think about the Squadrons since I am thinking about adding either those or the Prerunner lights by my windshield for a bit more distance.

Jon

08 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJon View Post
I just finished mounting and wiring the 20"Stealth bar to my AEV bumper last weekend, and after trying it out I had to double check to make sure my headlights were even on. The output is amazing. Since trying them out I finished wiring the high/low/strobe wire up to my sPod, and now I will need to head out and try them again, and maybe take some pictures.

I am interested to see what you think about the Squadrons since I am thinking about adding either those or the Prerunner lights by my windshield for a bit more distance.
Thats cool Jon. I did hook up the 20" Stealth with the momentary dimmer and strobe mode switch and it works really well. I have seen the Squadrons in action on the trail and off........The are at least half as bright as the Stealth....very powerful and focused beam. They are built to last.

Once I get them installed I will be posting addtional pics and actual lighting pictures at night as well.
Attached Images

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #5 of 19 Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Rock God

Subscribed

I'm sure I'll think of something
post #6 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Rock God

Great looking setup. I too really like all of my Baja Designs products! Great products and great people to work with. Did you work with Diego at BD?

Ben Hedrick
Projects:
2011 6.4L VVT SRT8 HEMI Rubicon

2010 6.1L SRT HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Sahara
2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2003 6.4L Stroker HEMI Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2014 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon eXpedition Jeep

post #7 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Someone stole your winch. Maybe you were so excited about the lights that you didn't notice.....................

Lights look good!

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #8 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 07:27 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Someone stole your winch. Maybe you were so excited about the lights that you didn't notice.....................

Lights look good!
He had to sell it to buy his lights! Those are pricey, but, nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #9 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
He had to sell it to buy his lights! Those are pricey, but, nice...
Their bars aren't much more than the Rigid bars if you get a forum discount through Pirate.

For the Squadron they are pricey, but two of those have about the same light output three Rigid D2 lights, so per lumen you are at about the same price.

One thing that I have noticed while shpping for LED lights is that Cree tends to under rate the lumens of their LED lights, so in reality you get more lumens than advertised (Baja Designs, Rigid SR-series).

Seoul Semiconducter tends to over rate their LED lights, so you get less lumens than advertised (Rigid E-series)

Jon

08 Rubicon

Last edited by JeepinJon; 04-24-2012 at 08:09 AM.
post #10 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Winch is on its way LOL!.........Today if the PSC mounts arrive its onto the squadrons and interior lights. I worked with Gordon at BD for my light setup and he really knows his stuff.

KC

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #11 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM

Almost a shame you had to put the lights down in the dirt to take a picture.

Best lights on the market and tougher than a 2 dollar steak in Amarillo. Bigelow Motorsports approved!!!!!!!
post #12 of 19 Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Rock God

Doug, do you think those lights are still on his jeep? Lol.... Wait, you might want to check your rig for your lights also! Lol
post #13 of 19 Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Stryker.......20" This light is insane.....After being cutoff the other day I turned it on in strobe mode for the jerk in front of me........he pulled over LOL!
Attached Images

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #14 of 19 Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Looks great buddy!!
post #15 of 19 Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

you got The Good Stuff! Very nice. Those Squadrons are AMAZING, we have them in the fog light holes in the '12 JKU.

1-800-341-7757 Ext. 123
Ask for Justin
post #16 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

how did you wire the three functions to your spod?
post #17 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
how did you wire the three functions to your spod?
I have the sPod controlling the on/off function, and drilled a hole for a momentary switch. I am planning on replacing all of my Stealth lights with OnX/Squadron XL lights and getting an A-Pillar switch mount. Then I will have four of these running the momentary function (high/low/strobe) with the light lit with dash lights, and I will do matching switches in the sPod, and replace my sPod panel to cover the holes I put in it.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #18 of 19 Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewDrakeNC

Quote:
I have the sPod controlling the on/off function, and drilled a hole for a momentary switch. I am planning on replacing all of my Stealth lights with OnX/Squadron XL lights and getting an A-Pillar switch mount. Then I will have four of these running the momentary function (high/low/strobe) with the light lit with dash lights, and I will do matching switches in the sPod, and replace my sPod panel to cover the holes I put in it.
I have the sPOD as well - with their RCPM and would love to know how you incorporated the Momentary Switch to control the High / Low / Strobe modes of the Baja Designs LED's - which I also have on my rig....

Thanks to all our WarFighters - Past, Present and Future - without you we would not enjoy the freedoms we have today!
post #19 of 19 Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDrakeNC View Post
I have the sPOD as well - with their RCPM and would love to know how you incorporated the Momentary Switch to control the High / Low / Strobe modes of the Baja Designs LED's - which I also have on my rig....

I am working on getting switches from OTRATTW (item number V2D1AT0B-00000-000) and matching on/off/on swithces for the sPod (I want my lights to have more than just one potential trigger, like rock lights be able to be on, off, auto with interior lights, backup lights to be on, orr, auto with backup lights, etc...).

Then I can decide between using the sPod ram mount:

Or I could do the Daystar A-pillar mount.

If you are using your phone as the primary switch panel then you could just use the standard sPod switch panel with the OTRATTW switches.

Jon

08 Rubicon

Last edited by JeepinJon; 07-07-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode