Lockpick Barcam 221 questions... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt
Lockpick Barcam 221 questions...

Has anyone installed the Barcam and if you did where did you put it? I'm definitely having issues right now because it's not fitting on the rear license plate holder like it's supposed to! Lol, go figure huh....
Any ideas??? I don't want it to on or below the bumper, that's how I broke my last one. Thanks guys!

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

Like to help you out but can't see the back of your rig, to see how its outfitted, on your profile. I'm interested as well, I'm gonna slap a few cameras on mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #3 of 7 Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisaMent View Post
Like to help you out but can't see the back of your rig, to see how its outfitted, on your profile. I'm interested as well, I'm gonna slap a few cameras on mine.
The back is just stock... The Barcam is supposed to screw in the license plant holes using 2, 1/4 in. Philips screws and nuts. The problem is that we only have screws on one side of our license plate mount, the other side has the little nubs. The other issue I'm having there is the license plate light hangs to low so I can't put it on the top and if I put it on the bottom of there isn't enough length in the pigtail to reach the break light hole...

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJBurt View Post
The back is just stock... The Barcam is supposed to screw in the license plant holes using 2, 1/4 in. Philips screws and nuts. The problem is that we only have screws on one side of our license plate mount, the other side has the little nubs. The other issue I'm having there is the license plate light hangs to low so I can't put it on the top and if I put it on the bottom of there isn't enough length in the pigtail to reach the break light hole...
You are wanting to put it in the stock license plate holder/location? Why would you put a camera off center?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

2008 Silver 4dr Rubi - 4.5" Rubicon Express Longarm, 37x13.5x17 Toyo M/T's, Dick Cepek DC-1(blk) 17x9, Prorock 44, ARB frt locker, RCV's (frt), Superior Chromoly Axle shafts (rear), Prosteer ball joints, 5.38 Yukon gears, RR Hydro-Assist, etc, etc, etc......
Wheeling Trips:
post #5 of 7 Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

How much clearance is under you 3rd brake light and tire and what's the housing made of? Can you return the CoastalTec product? You may want to either get a bullet cam (pressure mounted in a lug nut opening on your spare), or other type of camera and mount it elsewhere (like screwed under your CHMSL or on top).

You may have to do a little bit of custom work but there's not was you're going to lose it, and you can wire it through the tailgate to the reverse light, the the rest down the passenger side the to head unit. If you splice wire or drill use RTV or silicone. You will have to take the CHMSL lens apart before drilling.

Here's a WEBSITE with the various cameras. They are a little more $ but the quality should be better at night and day.

This is what I would do.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~

Last edited by DisaMent; 04-22-2012 at 06:13 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtale View Post
You are wanting to put it in the stock license plate holder/location? Why would you put a camera off center?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
You can adjust the sights on this camera so it wouldn't matter if it wasn't centered on the Jeep...

Quote:
post #7 of 7 Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisaMent View Post
How much clearance is under you 3rd brake light and tire and what's the housing made of? Can you return the CoastalTec product? You may want to either get a bullet cam (pressure mounted in a lug nut opening on your spare), or other type of camera and mount it elsewhere (like screwed under your CHMSL or on top).

You may have to do a little bit of custom work but there's not was you're going to lose it, and you can wire it through the tailgate to the reverse light, the the rest down the passenger side the to head unit. If you splice wire or drill use RTV or silicone. You will have to take the CHMSL lens apart before drilling.

Here's a WEBSITE with the various cameras. They are a little more $ but the quality should be better at night and day.

This is what I would do.
I have no room under my break light. I will return it for the bullet cam if I can't figure this one out it's just that the bullet cam doesn't have the night vision. Thanks for the Site I'm going to go check it out. The housing is just a waterproof plastic. I am trying to think of a mount behind the spare tire right now just like the bullet idea but up farther so it's in between the wheel spokes... I don't know if it will interfere with the night vision lighting???

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode