Key stuck now turn/wipers headlights don't work - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Key stuck now turn/wipers headlights don't work

Ok so today I went to the gas station turned the jeep off took keys out enough for the chiming to stop got gas and took off. When I got to work I went to turn it off the the keys would not release from the ignition. This has happened once before and was able to get it out within a few minutes. This time no such luck.

So by the time I could get back out to it the battery had all but died. I disconnected the battery and began trying to get the key out. Finally after taking the very bottom two panels off from under the steering column I was able to get the key out what a PITA… About an hour later I got a jump from a buddy and began to head home. Was making a turn and went to signal and noticed the light in the dash did not come on. Tried the other direction and no luck, same with the headlights dimmer windshield wipers and pretty much everything on the column…. Oh and now no matter what direction i am going it says I am going North LOL.

Brake lights still work and headlights flash on when I lock and unlock just not working from the switches

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

thanks

08 X Stone White
2.5" RK Flex System, Blistein 5100s, 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

disregard problem solved LOL take column back apart made sure wires were good. disconnected battery put key in ignition turned headlights on , reconnected battery ops check good everything back to normal LOL

08 X Stone White
2.5" RK Flex System, Blistein 5100s, 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode