Light Reviews - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Light Reviews

I found this review when I was trying to find info on off-road lights and thought I would share it since we all want to see the difference between lights. Seems to be one of the better light shootouts I have seen. After seeing the review I ended up with the 20" Baja Designs LED light, and should have it in about two weeks.

http://www.lightforce.net.au/images/...0161%20LR2.pdf

Jon

08 Rubicon

Last edited by JeepinJon; 03-27-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
JKowners Vendor

Thanks, great test!

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How about an independent review that not completed by a retailer, sponsor or anybody that has a vested interest in the final message that is being delivered. That would impress me. Just sayin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTrail741 View Post
How about an independent review that not completed by a retailer, sponsor or anybody that has a vested interest in the final message that is being delivered. That would impress me. Just sayin.
The review was done by a magazine in Australia. In case you are not familiar with foreign magazines, they have no problem saying a product is crap, even if it is a product of something advertised in the same pages. ARB is one of the biggest advertisers down there, and they only got a best budget light on a halogen light, and Baja Designs is realatively unheard of down there, and they got best LED light, so there you see one huge advertiser not sweeping the tests, and one that isn't really advertised getting the best review of LED lights when there were other brands only sold in Austalia by the advertisers.

They are very different than American magazines who tend to only pimp the products that are advertised in the pages.

Jon

08 Rubicon

Last edited by JeepinJon; 03-28-2012 at 10:03 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am aware of that. Its an old reveiw. Lightforce is an Austrailian company. If I remember correctly it was one of the top lights. I have not seen one review that is independenty completed and shows a light output measurement at X distance and all in lumens. Most mix up lumens and list others in candle power etc. not the same measurement and too many variables are not considered. I must admit that this review was one of the most reviews though. I think I still have that magazine at the house as a matter of fact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode