Poll: Your experience with XRC8 and XRC10 Winches - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: Your Experience with XRC8 or XRC10
I'd buy another one 19 59.38%
I've never had a problem 17 53.13%
I've had a failure on the trail 3 9.38%
I've had one fixed or replaced under warranty 1 3.13%
I wouldn't buy another one 6 18.75%
I have confidence and never worry it will fail 6 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Poll: Your experience with XRC8 and XRC10 Winches

Interested to know more about them from people that have one.

The poll is setup so that you can choose more than one answer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 04-05-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have used mine many times with no issues so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for life™.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Only had to use mine one time so far since I bought it two years ago. I had to tow a full size blazer out of an obstacle he was stuck in pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

I run an XRC10 and have had zero issues.

post #5 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Granite Guru

I have the XRC8-Comp. Tough winch; slow but reliable. And the synthetic line is nice and light.

I don't think you can get a good look at it, but it's a sexy little beast too.

Safety fast,

Get to know
post #6 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Garage

I have won 3 of these winches... I sold everyone of them.

One of the ones I sold, the guy who bought it said it was DOA. Had to send it in to get fixed.. what a pain in the ass that was.

In no specific order, the only winches that will do time on one of our rigs..

Warn
Mile Marker
Superwinch
Ramsey

And not their base models either. Winches are just one of those items I choose not to skimp on too much.

Glad to hear alot of you are having success with them... they may make my list someday.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

BACON!

Poll = FAIL

No bacon option?

post #8 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Granite Guru

I ran an XRC-8 on my TJ, and now I run an XRC-10 Comp on my JK.

Only issues I ever had with either of them has been user created

The XRC-8 had the selector lever knocked off (Okay, I tried to move it with a hammer).

The XRC-10 Comp, was simply a newb error... First time using it I found out that I didn't wrap the synthetic line tight enough... Ended up pulling it out of the anchor point...

But the 8 probably had more than 100 pulls on it, and the 10 has about 30 pulls so far.... no other issues...
post #9 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Poll = FAIL

No bacon option?
Damnit man. I tried to edit it right after I posted it but couldn't.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #10 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've never owned one, but I had help from jeepersheart (I think that's his name) and his XRC8 during Winchfest 2010. I'd run one if I didn't have my Superwinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #11 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Granite Guru

Had a mile marker on my TJ and after having it replaced under warranty (not an easy task with MM) 3 times I bough a Warn 9.5ti and never looked back, no with my JK because of financial reason I bough a XRC10 with a winch line and in 4 months I already had to change it once. Do I regret buying a cheap winch ? Hell Yeah!!! Can't wait to get another Warn 9.5ti.
Don't forget you get what you pay for and is not how good the service is to get the winch repaired or replaced is when do you think that winch is going to fail? Just Saying hahaha.

Good Luck!!

Gus

2008 JK Sahara 4" of lift, 2" BL, 37" M16's , rancho rear bumper, EVO C gussets and skids, PSC Evap Skid, SB Bumper w/stinger, 10000LB SB Winch, Aussie locker on front and a lot of spare axle shafts lol
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
post #12 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Granite Guru

I run a 10 with synthetic line on the front and an 8 on the rear with no issues or concerns.

2008 Silver 4dr Rubi - 4.5" Rubicon Express Longarm, 37x13.5x17 Toyo M/T's, Dick Cepek DC-1(blk) 17x9, Prorock 44, ARB frt locker, RCV's (frt), Superior Chromoly Axle shafts (rear), Prosteer ball joints, 5.38 Yukon gears, RR Hydro-Assist, etc, etc, etc......
Wheeling Trips:
post #13 of 14 Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Ipe
Rock God

I've got the xcr8 and so far and knocking on wood, it's worked every time, first time, no questions asked. I run it with synthetic line and when not being used its covered with a neoprene cover. Despite that its rusted in places and the rubber cable connector cover at the solenoid has torn off.

It works, but it's pretty damn slow.

Would I buy one again? Probably not. Superwinch is located less than 80 miles away and I'd rather do business with them. I should have saved a bit longer in the first place and gotten a Superwinch. Oh well. This one works.

post #14 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Rock God

I gave this same topic a lot of thought when I decided to go with the xrc8. My bottom line was that i never put myself in a situation that i would be the only guy with a winch, so if the thing ever does take a crap on me i would be pissed but not stranded. If your a weekend warrior like me i say why not, if your more hardcore about wheelin go with a stronger more proven winch. And for those of you not familiar with winchfest myself and jeeperjkj basically dead pulled a burned up jeep uphill for about 10 hours with no break. It was the first time I used the winch and didn't have any issues with the winch. Since then I have used it maybe a half dozen times with zero issues, well other then it just being slow. The rubber boot that covers the remote plug did tear off and every once in a while I have to break up some dried mud at the bottom so the plug seats fully, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode