Condensation problem with Visionx lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Condensation problem with Visionx lights

I am really P-O'd about what is happening to the pricey 6" Vision X LED bars I bought a few months ago. Water is somehow getting in, condensing, and blocking the light output. Below are some pics of the Xmitters. Anybody else experience this? and What did you do about it?

Last edited by Vince1; 12-09-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I had the exact same light do the exact same thing. I took it back to the local dealer I bought it from, they sent it in to fix... I had it back a week and it did it again.... I ended up getting my money back and replaced them with some s4100's. Much better.

Better yet... Call Manny @ Xtorm. I recently picked up some D2's and I think they are almost as bright as my 4100's.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 07unlimitedx; 04-05-2011 at 09:16 AM.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the input. I got no response from the vendor who ill give a week more, then out them here. I spoke with VisonX and they said they would fix them. Apparently they have changed the gasket design. Given your experience, I'm a little doubtful. This could really ruin their reputation if it is a common problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Still no response from my vendor, VisionX Wholesale (AccessoryPartners) despite numerous emails. For those of you thinking of VisionX lights, buy them from Darick at visionxstore.com (motorsportsquared.com). He is dedicated to the brand and offered to help me get them fixed or exchanged even though he did not sell them to me. How great is that!
post #5 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince1 View Post
Still no response from my vendor, VisionX Wholesale (AccessoryPartners) despite numerous emails. For those of you thinking of VisionX lights, buy them from Darick at visionxstore.com (motorsportsquared.com). He is dedicated to the brand and offered to help me get them fixed or exchanged even though he did not sell them to me. How great is that!
Darick is our VisionX rep - we couldn't ask for better support and service.

Cheers,
Bond
post #6 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince1 View Post
Don't forget to dig this thread up in a year to let us know how they held up~!

post #7 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Are you lights getting fixed or replaced? I was just looking at some new low profile one's at a local shop... I've was told they will hold up better.

http://www.visionxonly.com/m7/XIL-LP...light-bar.html

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I sent them in for repair, but after hearing your story, asked for a replacement with another model ( me paying the difference). Don't know why, but they said they would have to look at them first. Right now, I'm not a happy customer. We'll see if that changes. I had to cut the lights out as I had done a clean install, sodering each unit into the wiring and covering with grease, shrink-wrap, then wire loom. Now it all has to be redone.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good luck with everything Vince... hope it works out.

post #10 of 15 Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, I worked it out directly with VisionX. They are a good group, everyone I spoke to there wanted to help and eventually I traded up (with a little added $) to their Xmitter Prime lights, since these are more rugged. I had them overnight them so I could install them before I set off to Moab tomorrow. I got them installed last night and all I can say is wow...they are way better built and produce better light. Still never heard from the people I bought the defective ones from...Rick Freeman at Accessory Partners/VisionX Wholesale, even though they are a factory authorized dealer and recommended on VisionX's website and I tried to contact them several times.

Last edited by Vince1; 12-09-2012 at 08:31 PM.
post #11 of 15 Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The PRIME series is was better... I looked like a deer when I saw it light up.

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
post #12 of 15 Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yeah, I didn't take pics, but lit them up last night and they are like stadium lights. You can't stare directly at them either. I got the flood pattern.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice Vince... Glad it all worked out. Those prime ones are nice and bright.

post #14 of 15 Old 04-20-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yes, and thanks for your help...I would just had the old ones repaired if I hadn't read what happened to you.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Motorsports2

Vince, I'm glad the guys at corporate helped you out. Sorry you had the problem. Let me know if you have any other problems, I'm on this forum pretty regularly. Cheers Darick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode