08"JK Infinity dash tweeters/component upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-02-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

08"JK Infinity dash tweeters/component upgrade

To those that have upgraded to OEM stereo/speakers-who has installed an aftermarket tweeter in the OE tweeter pods, your experince?? What brand components are you using? Pics if possible, I'm looking to upgrade the entire infinity stereo, has anyone used Boston Acoustics Pro series components??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddabbott View Post
To those that have upgraded to OEM stereo/speakers-who has installed an aftermarket tweeter in the OE tweeter pods, your experince?? What brand components are you using? Pics if possible, I'm looking to upgrade the entire infinity stereo, has anyone used Boston Acoustics Pro series components??
I put Alpine SPR-17C components up front. The tweeter from Alpine can be taken apart down to just the driver. I pulled the factory tweeter out of the pod, leaving the factory screen in place. I put the driver in the pod, then put some foam behind it to hold it in place. Sorry, no pics of tweeter install(from the inside) looks stock from the outside.

I used Alpine SPR-17S coaxial in the sound bar.

09 BLACK Sahara 4 Door - Auto, G2 4.88s
TF 2.5" Coil Lift w/shocks, TF Frnt Adj Trac, TF FLCA, JKS Discos, JKS Rear Adj Trac, LOD Full Rear GEN2,
A.C.E. Rock Rails, Viper TB: Check the Garage for more.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoridinTX View Post
I put Alpine SPR-17C components up front. The tweeter from Alpine can be taken apart down to just the driver. I pulled the factory tweeter out of the pod, leaving the factory screen in place. I put the driver in the pod, then put some foam behind it to hold it in place. Sorry, no pics of tweeter install(from the inside) looks stock from the outside.

I used Alpine SPR-17S coaxial in the sound bar.
I did a similar setup in mine too... All Alpine speakers, sub, amps and head.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode