Trouble with HIDs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-26-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Trouble with HIDs

Hey got a set of H13 6K HIDs plug and play for the jeep but they arent working and i have a extra male plug for some reason, from the relay thiers 3 connections a male and female for the one light and only a male for the other and thats where its screwed up, i have all the connections correct positive to positive, negative to negative, grounded to bare metal and also tried the (-) on battery and so on. when i turn the lights on the relay goes crazy and starts buzzing and my passenger flickers and idk why and im still wondering why my one male plug isnt into anything, ive tried calling the place where i got them and they have the shitest service ever so any help would be great guys bc i have no electrical skills

heres a picture

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Rock God

Garage
post #3 of 13 Old 03-27-2011, 06:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

My memory's foggy because I changed my lights out a while ago, but I used a different set up. I assume the female connections are going in to the factory Driver and Passenger side headlight hookups, no? If that's the case, that male plug goes into the headlight harness also on the passenger side right by the TIPM. You have to seperate the connection, pry off the cover, and it plugs right in. I REALLY wish I could explain this better and if the rain stops soon, I'll grab you some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

also, I don't see any capacitors in your harness, and I think that's going to lead to your lights flickering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #5 of 13 Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 AM

You've ordered the wrong set. What you need is a H13-3(9008) Bi-Xenon (Dual Beam) HID conversion kit. What you have will only give you low beam, no high.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMurdered View Post
You've ordered the wrong set. What you need is a H13-3(9008) Bi-Xenon (Dual Beam) HID conversion kit. What you have will only give you low beam, no high.
they are the bixenon light.

i need to disable the daytime running lights, but having some trouble finding threads about them
post #7 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Granite Guru

You're trying to run an illegal cheap retrofit on a PWM circuit.
Can you return it and buy something safe and legal?

Safety fast,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Get to know
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
JKowners Vendor

post #9 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to LS6TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
I have a feeling what he paid for his kit and what your link costs is about a 550+ difference.

All these HID threads are whats making it hard to get a set for me. Ive ran SilverStars and im not a fan, but these stock headlights suck something awful.

-Alex
2010 2dr Sport | 2.5" BB Lift with 4dr Springs | More to come
post #10 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
You're trying to run an illegal cheap retrofit on a PWM circuit.
Can you return it and buy something safe and legal?
thier going back tommarrow i had enough with thier shit so ill be ordering a good set tommarrow but looking to empty my wallet either, what route did you go with ?
post #11 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
can you get these to my door for $79 ? lol i would def love a set of these but def not in my ball park thanks though !!
post #12 of 13 Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6TT View Post
All these HID threads are whats making it hard to get a set for me. Ive ran SilverStars and im not a fan, but these stock headlights suck something awful.
yeahh ive been looking through alot of threads and nothings helping at all, im looking at the ddmtuning but who knows i just want a nice plug and play set

Anyone order from ddmtuning.com, if so do we need the HID harness or anything else? im completely lost when it comes to this stuff

Last edited by JKRubicon90; 03-28-2011 at 02:10 PM.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRubicon90 View Post
thier going back tommarrow i had enough with thier shit so ill be ordering a good set tommarrow but looking to empty my wallet either, what route did you go with ?
I have JW Speaker LEDs (Dot compliant, totally legal) with a Rallylights harness.

If you want legal HID, get the Valeo/Sylvania XE7 kit and a harness. It takes some trimming of the buckets to install and a slight movement of the airbag sensors; do this all at your own risk, of course.

If you want lights that work very very well, get a complete Cibie kit with Phillips Xtreme Power H4 bulbs (including harness) from Danile Stern Lighting.

If you want almost as good lights, get the full Hella kit from Rallylights and the Phillips bulb (costs less than Dan's).

If you want really zippy LEDs and don't mind modding the headlight buckets and airbag sensor, the JW Speakers are hard to beat. Very pricey though.

And if you want the most rugged, durable, and dependable lights, get some Truck-Lite LEDs and a harness from Rallylights. These don't have a very good spread of light and don't warm up enough to melt snow/ice, but you can't kill them on the trail.

If you just want to improve the stockers, install H13 Phillips Xtreme Power bulbs. You can further improve that by ordering an H13 to H13 full harness from Rallylights or Stern ---- you're still stuck with the poor performing OE reflector but the light will be much better than stock at least.

Welcome to today's edition of TMI from Hilldweller...

Safety fast,

Get to know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode