Wire an amp into a Nav stereo? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wire an amp into a Nav stereo?

Is there a PAC adapter or something that I can use to wire an amp into my stereo system to run the stock speakers (or least stock speaker locations)?

2007 JK, 4.5" RE LA kit, ATLAS4spd, ARB rear w/ Superiors, Rubi front w/RCV axles, 5.38's, 40" KM2's, 18x10 Raceline Beadlocks, 1"BL, Poly Rockers, RR corners, PS fenders, etc...the list goes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Wheeler

JL Audio has the Clean Sweep, lets you run aftermaket amp and speaker with stock head unit. JL Audio CleanSweep - OEM Interface Car Audio I am sure other companies have something just not aware of them.

Last edited by cnyDave; 03-14-2011 at 01:47 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Something like this probably:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Rock God

i have one i can sell ya for $25 shipped, i used it in my truck.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jk View Post
i have one i can sell ya for $25 shipped, i used it in my truck.
Tell me that is the JL Cleansweep and I'll take it. If you are referring to the PAC product then nevermind.

2009 JKUR Auto
- HD Switchblade Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
- ARB Deluxe Front Bumper
- Warn Powerplant HP (front) + Warn M8000 (rear)
- Benchmark Dual Battery w/ smart isolator
- Rockhard Skids + AEV Diff Slider + Kilby Shock Skids
- Wildboar Square Roofrack + Sidestep
- AEV 3.5" Premium lift + STOCK tires!
post #6 of 10 Old 05-19-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

UPDATE:
I took it to a stereo shop and they just installed a line converter or something like that (25 bucks IIRC) and hooked the amp up to the stock system. I have a 4 channel amp and was going to do the dash and soundbar speakers and replace the stockers but the stero shop steered me away from that saying that they have done that with a couple of Jeeps and nobody has been happy with the sound. They suggested I buy a cheap 10" sub, amplify and replace the soundbar speakers and bridge the amp for the sub in the back. A quick release to get the sub out if needed is perfect.
This thing sounds SOOOOO much better!!! I put Fosgates in the soundbar and it sounds like I spent some dough on a system. The top off will not be anywhere near as good but still a lot better than stock!

2007 JK, 4.5" RE LA kit, ATLAS4spd, ARB rear w/ Superiors, Rubi front w/RCV axles, 5.38's, 40" KM2's, 18x10 Raceline Beadlocks, 1"BL, Poly Rockers, RR corners, PS fenders, etc...the list goes on.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-19-2011, 10:16 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

A little side note for anyone else who reads this and wants to ad an amp in the future - pick an amp that has high/low level balanced inputs and you can just parallel the signal from your head unit on each speaker channel with virtually no sound loss and just go high level into the said amplifier without any adapters on the speaker level side. Most amps can handle close to 50 watts on the speaker level side with no adapter needed and the factory radio isn't pushing anywhere near that unless you have the Infnity. Just an FYI.

Also, I stumbled across this for the JK owners, you JKU owners don't have space problems.

http://www.kicker.com/BassStation

The 10" is almost ideal in size for the small area behind the rear seat in the JK and it has a molex plug for power and signal so it can be unplugged and removed easily, and requires no remote turn on from a head unit because it will sense incoming signal and shut off when no signal is detected. Pretty slick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 05-19-2011 at 10:20 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Rock God

I used a line level converter with a PAX harness to make a plug and play system to run my Alpine PDX Amp that drives my Polk Components in the front and Polks in the soundbar. It sounds awesome.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #9 of 10 Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM
JKO Addict!

I did mine with a PAC OEM-1 and it worked great

Sent from my smoke signals
post #10 of 10 Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
I used a line level converter with a PAX harness to make a plug and play system to run my Alpine PDX Amp that drives my Polk Components in the front and Polks in the soundbar. It sounds awesome.
Do u have the pdx5? If does it fit in the factory amp location?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode