solo pod installs, show 'em - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607
solo pod installs, show 'em

Like it says, I bought two to try and fit them in my shrockworks rear bumper, needed four but I wanted to make sure before I spent another 200 + on them. Well they didn't fit so I need some ideas, I have the hella black magics on the windshield brackets so that spot is taken, the solo's that I have are the elliptical version so that kinda limits how I can mount them as well. The lenses are also glued in so I can't swap them out. If they were the flood pattern I could have put one in the engine compartment on a mercury tilt switch or something along those lines, I have been thinking of munting them on the frame rails and having them come on and lite up the side of the jeep that the door opens on since it is the elliptical pattern but other than this i'm stumped so I thought that i'd ask.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Are you talking about the Vision X Solo's? I have some for my back up lights... 3 floods... I also replace my fog's with the elliptical pattern 15/45 beam. Need pics...Just let me know.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Granite Guru

Here is how I have mine mounted

I just bent a pice of metal to form a 90 and tapped the grill crossmember and bolted the plate up

Nick

07 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Hmmmnnn. I thought of that as well but wasn't sure how it would turn out. I'm now pretty close to falling over the edge and putting the Shrockworks set up in the for sale section. So who knows what I'll end up doing with these things. But the grille is so for the most feasible.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode