Spod + ARB wiring harness - What can I remove? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Spod + ARB wiring harness - What can I remove?

Hooked up the ARB compressor harness to the Spod today.

What if any wires can I now eliminate from the ARB? Can i get rid of everything except what is connected to the ARB/Spod harness? Does the Spod provide power to accessories or do I still need to wire power to the battery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Granite Guru

That is the beauty of the sPOD-just hook up the pos & neg wires from the compressor directly to the pos/neg under the sPOD cover.

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to robctry69

if i recall corect i wired my arb to the battery then hooked the wire that would go to the on off switch to the spod if you need better instruction on it i would contact john and he will walk you thru it he is a great guy to deal with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-27-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Guys. I plan on running the power to the battery but want to shorten up the connection to the ARB harness on the Spod.

I ripped out the entire ARB wiring loom today. It seems like I need to cut/splice some of the ARB wires in order to shorten it up for the Spod. Is this consistent with everyone else's experience? If not, it looks like I still need to keep the entire loom as is, looping it from the compressor, to the battery, back to the compressor side to the ARB/Spod harness. This still keeps all the relays intact/etc, which is what i thought was the purpose of the Spod.

Can i cut any of this and shorten it up?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo11 View Post
Guys. I plan on running the power to the battery but want to shorten up the connection to the ARB harness on the Spod.

I ripped out the entire ARB wiring loom today. It seems like I need to cut/splice some of the ARB wires in order to shorten it up for the Spod. Is this consistent with everyone else's experience? If not, it looks like I still need to keep the entire loom as is, looping it from the compressor, to the battery, back to the compressor side to the ARB/Spod harness. This still keeps all the relays intact/etc, which is what i thought was the purpose of the Spod.

Can i cut any of this and shorten it up?
Just make a drawing of the orignal harness so you can put it back exactly how the manufacture intended. It realy doesn't matter what equipment that you use for the controls ( SPod, ARB, Ect ). Just as long as the control circuitry stays the same. Then you can rip the system out and rewire it back to what ever control device you choose. Switches and wiring are all the same ( as long as they have the same rating). But I would stick with the ARB relays.

"The Green Monster"
2007 2 Door X Jeep Green with Freedom Top
16" Painted Aluminum Mopar Wheels
Grab Bar Mod on front bumper
130w KC Daylighter Driving Beams on grab bar
130w KC Daylighter Long Range Beams
on
Smittybuilt Windshield Brackets
Rock Light Mod
Reverse Light Mod
Mood Light Mod
post #6 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hooked it all up today.

IPF 900xs
ARB Compressor
IPF 968s
Rigid 6" LEDs.

Now need to do rear roof rack lights and maybe rock lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode