HID Fog help needed. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-14-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
HID Fog help needed.

Ordered a set of VVME H10 35w Single beam HID, a H13 55w Hi/Low beam with CanBus canceler, and a H13 35w single beam for my other Jeep.

Here's my issue:

Went to tackle the easier fogs today after work and did a "rough" hook up to make sure everything functioned properly before I hard mounted the ballasts. The fog kit which is supposed to be plug in play was hooked up with the factory wiring harness plug leading into the ballast, and the leads from the ballast going to the bulb. Fired up the Jeep and nothing worked. Double checked the connections and still no. Reversed the factory plug on the ballast and the fogs then proceeded to come on and go off about three times and then stayed off. Even though the fogs aren't supposed to be on the CanBus circuit, I tried the canceler too, with the same outcome. I even tried the other 35w ballasts and bulbs, and no change. Each time same outcome, Jeep was running, turn the lights on the would cycle on then off for 3-5 times then go dead.

I haven't called VVME's tech support yet (dreading the idea of talking tech with them, I can imagine the call being routed to Pakistan) so I was hoping someone on the board could point out what the issue may be. Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Bump

post #3 of 4 Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Granite Guru

From what I have seen in post the factory wiring is the cause of a lot of problems try bypassing the factory power at the plug with a jumper off the battery if this works wire in a relay and use the 12v + from the light switch to switch the relay? HID's could be drawing a lot of power on start up? It could also be a ground issue if you were trying to get it to work out of the vehicle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Could be a factory wiring issue. I plugged my HIDx 4" lights directly into the the factory fog light wiring and they work without a hitch. Same power rating as yours.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode