Driver side door interior light not working! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Driver side door interior light not working!

Hello,
I am very new to these forums, however, when I bought my jeep I didnt take notice that the wire on the driver side door to activate the dome light was separated from the Nylon door strap with the wiring inside, how can I fix this wire so my driver door activates my dome and secondly how is it possible to remove the doors on a jeep without disturbing the door wiring harness?

I have an 07 JK Unlimited X Base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 10:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You plug it back in. If you didn't get an owners manual, you can go to chryslers web site and download one. It tells you how to take the doors off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #3 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

theres no plus on the wiring thats under the dash. its just wires but they are the only wires that I can think of would be for the interior dome light!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackOps View Post
theres no plus on the wiring thats under the dash. its just wires but they are the only wires that I can think of would be for the interior dome light!
There is a plug to detach the door harness behind where the strap meets the body. If not, you have one of a couple hundred thousand Wranglers that did not get it (pickup the sarcasm? )

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Nah i think what happened is the moron who had the jeep before me didnt bother to get it fixed when he ripped the wiring from the plastic clip! So I guess a trip to the dealer is warranted, great more money I dont really have right now!
post #6 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 11:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackOps View Post
Nah i think what happened is the moron who had the jeep before me didnt bother to get it fixed when he ripped the wiring from the plastic clip! So I guess a trip to the dealer is warranted, great more money I dont really have right now!
"right now" and the dome light functioning wouldn't be an emergency to me. Or just look for some local help on fixing it, just a couple wires..

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode