Anybody feedback on: Mopar Kicker AMP 77KICK33? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Anybody feedback on: Mopar Kicker AMP 77KICK33?

I did a search but couldn't find any specific feedback on the Mopar Kicker AMP. Has anyone bought and installed this AMP yet? I upgraded all my speakers in my 2011 Rubicon to Polk Audio's and although they do sound better, I am sure that they "can get even better"... The 2011 radio is now made by Mitsubishi and although the Nav is now much better being that's it's Garmin, I'm not sure the stereo is better than the Harmon Becker MyGig... So I was thinking about this Mopar Kicker AMP...

Any thoughts? I'm not looking at getting crazy with the stereo.

Thanks!

Ben Hedrick
Projects:
2011 6.4L VVT SRT8 HEMI Rubicon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 6.1L SRT HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Sahara
2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2003 6.4L Stroker HEMI Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2014 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon eXpedition Jeep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

I would guess that is nice and good quality. BUT, I am sure the price is high! It has two high priced names, MOPAR and Kicker.

I bet we could get you something of just as good quality at a much better price...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

The nice thing about the Mopar AMP is that it would be plug and play. I am sure all other AMP, while possibly better, will require additional wiring and thus more hassel. The Mopar AMP has a lot of appeal since I shouldn't have to modify anything else, I hope. I'm not really looking to run all new wires and customs AMP, etc.

Ben Hedrick
Projects:

2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The Nitro amp is plug and play, and doesn't have the soundbar signal restriction. From what I have heard.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

^
|
|
This

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick View Post
I did a search but couldn't find any specific feedback on the Mopar Kicker AMP. Has anyone bought and installed this AMP yet? I upgraded all my speakers in my 2011 Rubicon to Polk Audio's and although they do sound better, I am sure that they "can get even better"... The 2011 radio is now made by Mitsubishi and although the Nav is now much better being that's it's Garmin, I'm not sure the stereo is better than the Harmon Becker MyGig... So I was thinking about this Mopar Kicker AMP...

Any thoughts? I'm not looking at getting crazy with the stereo.

Thanks!
I did the upgrade... first the speakers, next the kicker amp. the kicker amp added some dynamic range,.. 50% louder. I connected a small subwoofer to the subwoofer output from the amp. It sounds better, but I am still working on it. It was a smple upgrade, it plugs into the existing harness, you just need to run the power cable through the firewall to the battery. My next upgrade is added a Sony Explode amp to the subwoofer channel. I'll turn up the gain so I can turn down the bass on the head unit to get the sound I want. I wan't most of the bass to come from the sub, not the 6.5" speakers.
The ultimate upgrade would be to use a headuniit and amplifier that supports crossover points but wit my Jeep Wrangler being a ragtop I want it to appear completely stock.

I got a decent price from Just for Jeeps. You can ask. PLus they were willing to let me return it if I didn't like it.

It's worth the effort. It sounds pretty good, much better than factory.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-08-2011, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

jerryn,
Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted on what I end up doing.

Thanks!

Ben Hedrick
Projects:

2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute

post #8 of 9 Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Granite Guru

I took advantage of the Utimate Electronics liquidation sale. I bought the 150-2 Rockford Fosgate amplifier and a PAC linelevel/remote amp power controller Now I have 300 watts for the sub and 184 watts for the 4 6.5" speakers. The fosgate amp has filter and gain settings so you can adjust it. Now it sounds great! My next project would be to buy
a weather proof sub enclosure large enough for the sub and amplifier and weatherproof it. I plan on building up a harness with connector for power and audio signal in. This way when I want access to the jack or tools all I need to do is remove one wing bolt and the quick disconnect harness.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-22-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
I took advantage of the Utimate Electronics liquidation sale. I bought the 150-2 Rockford Fosgate amplifier and a PAC linelevel/remote amp power controller Now I have 300 watts for the sub and 184 watts for the 4 6.5" speakers. The fosgate amp has filter and gain settings so you can adjust it. Now it sounds great! My next project would be to buy
a weather proof sub enclosure large enough for the sub and amplifier and weatherproof it. I plan on building up a harness with connector for power and audio signal in. This way when I want access to the jack or tools all I need to do is remove one wing bolt and the quick disconnect harness.
I take it that this stuff was all purchased from stereo store, not Mopar? I bet 300 Watts does sound good!

Thanks!

Ben Hedrick
Projects:

2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode