P0688 Code - Stranded! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

P0688 Code - Stranded!

Hi guys, I am at Carnegie, and my rig stalled on the way up the rock climb. We towed it down, and we're pulling a P0688 code, which translates to a "Auto Shutdown Sense Circuit Low".

It is turning over quickly, with what seems like no fuel or fire.

I have no idea what this is, and we're trying to troubleshoot and repair so we can get out.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

I would say if you have fuel and it seems like you are turning over then you are having no fire....either nothing at the plugs or somewhere in the electronic ignition. Gotta love the JK Gremlins.....Wish I could help more, but good luck!

U.S. Army
post #3 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

When my TIPM shit the bed the jeep would crank and crank but would not power the fuel pump. I actually dropped the tank and ran power the pump and determined it wasnt the pump. have you tried disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a while?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Sludge Puppy ran me up to the Ranger's Office to use their computer and JKO to figure out this code.

I found out that the "Auto Shutdown Sense Circuit Low" is the circuit is a safety circuit that shuts down the fuel pump in the case of a collision or rollover, so the Jeep doesn't continue to pump gas, in the event you're on fire. The problem, is a blown 25A micro-fuse, that is for this circuit. Well, I took out the 25A fuse from the rear wiper, and we're in business!

Well, after a nice afternoon of some crawling, I went to leave the park for the day, and it wouldn't start! I did the same "fast start", where it locks in the starting position, and you have to manually pull the key back. I checked the fuse, and blown again! I borrowed another fuse (thanks Scott), and we're on out way.

I was wheeling a bit hard up the rock climb when the first fuse blew. And although I do not think it should have, this one makes sense. However what is eating me up, is why, after my rig was parked for a while later in the afternoon, did it blow ANOTHER fuse, before I left for the day.

Does anyone know what the cause of these blown fuses could be for this particular circuit? Ideas? What to check? Thanks in advance.

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #5 of 8 Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Granite Guru

sounds like its shorting something, or grounded somewhere it shouldnt be... weird. good luck sorry no specific help.

2010, Jeep Green, 2 door- 6MT
post #6 of 8 Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
When my TIPM shit the bed the jeep would crank and crank but would not power the fuel pump. I actually dropped the tank and ran power the pump and determined it wasnt the pump. have you tried disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a while?
I've had this happen the day after I bought mine...They had to replace it..under warranty...never had a problem sense..but I heard its like $3k or something

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #7 of 8 Old 01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Sludge Puppy ran me up to the Ranger's Office to use their computer and JKO to figure out this code.

I found out that the "Auto Shutdown Sense Circuit Low" is the circuit is a safety circuit that shuts down the fuel pump in the case of a collision or rollover, so the Jeep doesn't continue to pump gas, in the event you're on fire. The problem, is a blown 25A micro-fuse, that is for this circuit. Well, I took out the 25A fuse from the rear wiper, and we're in business!

Well, after a nice afternoon of some crawling, I went to leave the park for the day, and it wouldn't start! I did the same "fast start", where it locks in the starting position, and you have to manually pull the key back. I checked the fuse, and blown again! I borrowed another fuse (thanks Scott), and we're on out way.

I was wheeling a bit hard up the rock climb when the first fuse blew. And although I do not think it should have, this one makes sense. However what is eating me up, is why, after my rig was parked for a while later in the afternoon, did it blow ANOTHER fuse, before I left for the day.

Does anyone know what the cause of these blown fuses could be for this particular circuit? Ideas? What to check? Thanks in advance.

RC
This happened to me as well...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=82081

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #8 of 8 Old 01-12-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Yeah, I tried disco'ing the battery, restoring my factory "tune" from my Superchips, and everything. It hasn't blown a fuse since my trip this weekend, but I'm super nervous about it. I do NOT like electrical gremlins. That is why I spent the money on the sPOD, to have insurance that I wasn't forking around with the factory CanBUS system. We'll see.

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
I've had this happen the day after I bought mine...They had to replace it..under warranty...never had a problem sense..but I heard its like $3k or something
Interesting. I spent three hours yesterday cleaning her from head to toe, inside and out, to "try" and make her look like she isn't wheeled, so I can take to the dealership soon. Of course, the 3/4" gouges that are six feet long down the River-Raider Skid Plates, may give away my secret.

RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post

Dennis, has this happened recently? Any progress or updates on it? I completely agree with you that it is disturbing. I don't like my Jeep having "performance anxiety", with the chance of stalling at any moment...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode