Hella 4000s: HID conversion kit recommendations - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Hella 4000s: HID conversion kit recommendations

Title says it all. I have Hella 4000s and am considering an upgrade to HID vs. picking up a set of of HIDx already set to go.

Thanks.

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Granite Guru

donno about the hella 4000s but i did upgrade my hella black magics. it was a pita had to mount the bulbs (sucked) then had to grommit straight back so the wire would fit(due to housing debth there was none) then had to close up any holes. it changed the beam pattern i didnt care cause it was so much brighter. i ran this setup for almost 2 years no problems. i just recently went with the rugged ridge 7" hids. if the 4000s have the debth i say go for it. retro kits r cheap enough.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 01:09 AM

This may not help but there is an Australian company(hid-lightsdownunder) that has hid kits for the hella 4000. I think they have 100w (10,000 lumens) hids too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
This may not help but there is an Australian company(hid-lightsdownunder) that has hid kits for the hella 4000. I think they have 100w (10,000 lumens) hids too.
Thats where I'll be getting my HID upgrade for my LF lights to 70w HIDs. They sell an H1 70w kit setup to upgrade the Hella 4000's to HID. It's $230.

Quote:
Kit consists of

# 2 x 70W DSP Gen2 Ballasts 12V-24V

# 4300K, 5000K 6000K your choice H1 70W Xenon lamps specialy suited with correct focal length to suit the Hella 4000 series lights Please ask for colour availability at the time as stock varies.

# 2 x 500mm High tension extension leads so that ballasts can be mounted in engine bay. Connector ends have been diss-assembled so it can be routed through factory grommet.

# Instructions and Pictures on how to install. Dead easy should only take about 30 Min/light ( you need to have some minimal mechanical/electrical skill) If you dont then we can mod your existing lights for you. E-mail us for a quote

# 12 Mths Warranty. 

The cost will be very close (depending on what the shipping is). And as much as I like the HIDx lights, I'd get the 70w and upgrade it. Yes it sucks to deal with external ballasts, but unless you're looking at the 7" HIDx lights, they'll be a huge difference in light output. Assuming of course their marketing is correct, and that you get a decent beam pattern with the upgrade.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop

Last edited by Riptide; 01-08-2011 at 01:42 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

I am thinking about doing to , so far the ddm 35 watt hid for 35 dollars and using this video YouTube - Hella 500 with H.I.D. 6000k retrofit done the right way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode