My switch panel - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

My switch panel

I finally got this thing done! I mounted my relays, and got my switch panel all put together and ready to mount. All I have left is to run the harness through the firewall and wire up the power, and I'm ready to start adding components.

Considering I designed the switch panel in autocad while I was overseas and couldn't get my hands on a jeep - the fit is perfect. It barely clears the auto-shifter bezel on its botom side and the red guard on the left has about 1/2" clearance to the side from the transfer case selector.

Took a long time to get this all put together, but totally worth it since my total cost was half of what an Spod would cost, and I get my 5 switches on the lower dash. Thanks again to John from Spod for the help with acquiring parts while I was deployed!

I mounted it up before I painted it to check fit, now I'm just waiting to have enough time to finish it.

The relays are all packed into a 5x8 aluminum box. I dropped the extra dime for the ATX fuse block - I just prefer them. I'm refinishing the lid (why it isn't on in this picture) because it got all scratched up getting shipped bact to the states after I built it.

It isn't polite to stare at people picking their nose in their car... unless they eat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

you can see it mocked up for fitting at the bottom of the screen. This was right after I installed my new stereo/dvd player. I really hate that you have to cut the dash bracket to install a standard double din stereo - I would think that is something designers would take into consideration...

It isn't polite to stare at people picking their nose in their car... unless they eat it.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not bad for not having a Jeep to test fit. Great job!

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice work.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

WTF is that all about?

post #6 of 13 Old 12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbbuff View Post
Took a long time to get this all put together, but totally worth it since my total cost was half of what an Spod would cost, and I get my 5 switches on the lower dash. Thanks again to John from Spod for the help with acquiring parts while I was deployed!
Wow what a testament to John at SPod! He helped you free of charge to build a product he makes, in order to save you the cost of his profit! If I ever need a rack of switches for my rig, SPod will be the only company I call.

Last edited by chromedome; 12-08-2010 at 11:37 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
JKowners Vendor

That's John and that's why I support sPOD so much. Great Product and somehow EVEN GREATER PEOPLE!
post #8 of 13 Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
That's John and that's why I support sPOD so much. Great Product and somehow EVEN GREATER PEOPLE!
I second this!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Granite Guru

I'll add my kudos to sPOD as if John needed additional support. He is also banned at the evil empire, another reason to support.

Your switch project looks great. Another plus, you still have room for an sPOD.

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill", Bob Arnett
post #10 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Wheeler

QUOTE=d'sjk;612827]I second this!!!![/QUOTE]

I third?? This. I got my spod this week, and have not installed it yet, but it is very impressive and John is a great guy to deal with.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using my knobs
post #11 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
JKowners Vendor

Here's some Christmas cheer!

Thanks guys! You are all super people and we are more than happy to help a fellow Jeeper! That's what it's all about!
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...highlight=spod

-John the sPOD guy
switches jeeps panels jk-forum carling contura led switch windshield
post #12 of 13 Old 12-11-2010, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDoc View Post
Another plus, you still have room for an sPOD.
Ha ha. Considering what a PITA this thing was and how much time it took to scratch together every piece, I will probably go rout of the Spod for future relay needs. A large part of why I wanted to do it myself is that I was deployed and needed a project to keep me busy in my down time.

post #13 of 13 Old 12-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Rock God

Looks good, but, I'd be weary on mounting the relays flat like that. I've seen quite a few relays build up condensation in them and short out mounted like that, and upside down.

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode