Need a Rer mygig expert - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Need a Rer mygig expert

Bought a new rer mygig for my 2010 JK, but the seller said he didn't have the disk. I thought the disk would be something like the owners manual, install instructions etc. But the seller says that I need the disk for the nav part to work. Anyone know anything about this? And would I need dealer intervention? Thanks a bunch.

Edit ** My understanding was that the nav maps are preloaded.

Last edited by Kevyn; 11-13-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Granite Guru

The software is pre-loaded.. There are no discs unless you are getting an update and when that happens, you just install sw from the disc and it's removed.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks...I didn't think it needed a disk to work. And I think that the dealer involvement would be only if I wanted their star scan tool to register any accessories to my vin for warranty purposes. But since I'm buying from a private individual that would be unnecessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Nav maps are preloaded. the RER is also running a software named Gracenotes which is a database of music with titles and artist. there are updates available every so often from Harman-Becker, the RER mfg. The nav database is available from NavTeq. you need to hook up your MyGig to find out what versions you have loaded. It costs $199.00 for the new map update which comes out this month, the 29th i think. The unofficial MyGig information site on the net is at http://mofv.com/MyGIG/ . You can download the latest RER updates (from Harmon-Becker) as well as the latest Gracenotes dB at this site. Any questions you need answered can be asked at this site. You should be aware that there are RER's that are made for specific Chrysler/Jeep vehicles. There are High speed and Low. The High speed is the only one that will work on the Wrangler. good luck.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #5 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Been to the site you mentioned. Global Mod says the part number to the RER unit I purchased was a 2010 model, it's high speed and should be plug & play in my Wrangler. Part number is 5064818AD.
post #6 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Granite Guru

It should be a plug and play.. we have a high speed bus. Go outside and plug it in and see if it works
post #7 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Nav maps are preloaded. the RER is also running a software named Gracenotes which is a database of music with titles and artist. there are updates available every so often from Harman-Becker, the RER mfg. The nav database is available from NavTeq. you need to hook up your MyGig to find out what versions you have loaded. It costs $199.00 for the new map update which comes out this month, the 29th i think. The unofficial MyGig information site on the net is at http://mofv.com/MyGIG/ . You can download the latest RER updates (from Harmon-Becker) as well as the latest Gracenotes dB at this site. Any questions you need answered can be asked at this site. You should be aware that there are RER's that are made for specific Chrysler/Jeep vehicles. There are High speed and Low. The High speed is the only one that will work on the Wrangler. good luck.
sorry to hijack, but i have a quick ?, i have the rew with nav from europe, do you think if i buy the navteq update cd, i would get the usa maps installed???

thanks

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSFJC View Post
sorry to hijack, but i have a quick ?, i have the rew with nav from europe, do you think if i buy the navteq update cd, i would get the usa maps installed???

thanks
There was a guy on the board that purchased a US version RER for Europe.. I believe he took it to the dealer to get something changed but I dont remember the details.. I'm sure if you do a search on mygig you will find it
post #9 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

thanks
Yeah SEARCH is your friend!!! This lazy cubans!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 JK Sahara 4" of lift, 2" BL, 37" M16's , rancho rear bumper, EVO C gussets and skids, PSC Evap Skid, SB Bumper w/stinger, 10000LB SB Winch, Aussie locker on front and a lot of spare axle shafts lol
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevyn View Post
Bought a new rer mygig for my 2010 JK, but the seller said he didn't have the disk. I thought the disk would be something like the owners manual, install instructions etc. But the seller says that I need the disk for the nav part to work. Anyone know anything about this? And would I need dealer intervention? Thanks a bunch.

Edit ** My understanding was that the nav maps are preloaded.
Sorry for the hi-jack! But, where did you find a mygig for sale?

ADD

post #11 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:

thanks
call Harmon-Becker, ask for Steve. he can help you. I think you should just have to buy an updated dvd from NavTeq for the US.....anywho call steve at this number. 248-994-2794

Quote:
post #12 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-ADD77 View Post
Sorry for the hi-jack! But, where did you find a mygig for sale?
EBay is full of them....however, buyer beware.

Quote:
post #13 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
call Harmon-Becker, ask for Steve. he can help you. I think you should just have to buy an updated dvd from NavTeq for the US.....anywho call steve at this number. 248-994-2794
thank you!

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
post #14 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by talljeep View Post
Yeah SEARCH is your friend!!! This lazy cubans!!!!
go back to jk-forum.com , this is not a place for you webwheelers!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode