Hot oil message and no start - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-09-2020, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Hot oil message and no start

Hello guys I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, some time ago it started to give me a “HOT OIL” message Where the mileage is displayed when I try to start it it does not starts displays only displays the message and beeps and I hear some click in the dash, near the A/C module, after trying to start it a couple times it does starts normally, i’ve never had the message displayed when running or something like that and there is no pattern on when it displays this message, it can be in the morning when the car is cold or it can be just after turning it off at the gas station and fueling the tank and it does not do it always sometimes there is weeks that it does not displays the message and sometimes ti does it every day but at the end it always turns on, i have taken in to a couple of dealerships and “specialized jeep mechanics” but they don’t find anything or just “can’t replicate the issue” I uploaded a video on youtube for you guys as reference, to see if maybe some of you have experienced this problem before or maybe know what is this exactly about, here is the link to the video https://youtu.be/U4ghU90IvDg any help would be very much apreciated, this is already driving me crazy, if I can’t get this fixed im thinking of getting rid of the jeep. Thanks again you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-10-2020, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

what troubleshooting have you performed ?

Uploading video of a dash alert-indicator ≠ troubleshooting,fwiw.

Did you at least search this forum for your warning alert?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-10-2020, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

I have looked a lot in this forum and other internet resources but i haven’t been able to find my case all i find related to this message is that it appears when the car is running going uphill or something like that and the tranny oil is actually hoy, witch is not my case i only saw one case that could relate to mine witch was solved replacing the ECM module And mine “was already replaced by the dealership” i dont know what trouble shooting to do, that why i’m posting here to see what you guys can tell me. Thanks in advance again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-13-2020, 02:51 PM
JKowners Vendor

If it is a rubicon check the front sway bar module. Unplug the main connector on the sway bar motor and see if its full of water. blow all the water out and leave it unplugged and see if that fixes your issue.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #5 of 5 Old 03-13-2020, 04:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
If it is a rubicon check the front sway bar module. Unplug the main connector on the sway bar motor and see if its full of water. blow all the water out and leave it unplugged and see if that fixes your issue.
He already stated the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvrkevin View Post
Hello guys I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So I don't believe they have a Rubicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvrkevin View Post
I have looked a lot in this forum and other internet resources but i haven’t been able to find my case all i find related to this message is that it appears when the car is running going uphill or something like that and the tranny oil is actually hoy, witch is not my case i only saw one case that could relate to mine witch was solved replacing the ECM module And mine “was already replaced by the dealership” i dont know what trouble shooting to do, that why i’m posting here to see what you guys can tell me. Thanks in advance again
It's really hard to help you unless you can tell us what you've tried and searched for. Stating you need help without going into details doesn't help anyone really. This is why @j3ff3ry_j33p requested more information from you.

You state the dealer has replaced the ECM, but you don't cover if this was in relation to your issue or something unrelated. So if the dealer replaced a part for this and it didn't solve your issue, then I would say that the dealer is on the hook for looking into this further as long as it wasn't somehting you asked them to do. If it was for something unrelated and your issue occurred after they replaced the ECM, then they're still on the hook for repairing what they caused. And if going to the dealer was unrelated to your issue and replacement of the ECM was for something else, then letting us know that can help you further.

Details of what you searched for, details of the ECM replacement since you mentioned it, and what you've tried leads to better help. So as you can see, you need to start providing more information.

Good luck...

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus Lift, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, and more to come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode