Bad battery? HELP - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Bad battery? HELP

I recently replaced my battery because the battery light had come on and I went to AutoZone to get the battery checked and sure enough it was bad battery but it was time for that battery to go it was the one that came with the Jeep, anyways recently I've been trailing around and night and I have to use my light bar, after a while of using the light bar the jeep starts to "run out of battery" I assume, I'm not really too sure what's wrong with it but after a while, the light bar starts strobing then it turns off and it comes back on and the battery icon shows up, while this "strobing" of the light is happening the headlights are also doing the same thing and everything that is illuminated in the jeep, kinda scary when it happens at night not gonna lie. Any idea why this is happening? When I went to AutoZone they checked the alternator and it was good. Also from time to time while I'm driving the speedometer will drop to 0 and the ABD light and the Brake light come on and the jeep makes that sound like when your fuel light comes on, the rpm needle isn't affected while this happens, but then everything comes back to normal not even a second later. I'm not sure what's wrong with my Wrangler... It's a 2017 JKU any idea what could be going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 08:28 PM
Granite Guru

First problem your going to AutoZone, they'll sell you every part under the sun. You need to have the charging system properly checked out. The lights are flickering because of either low voltage or a bad ground.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 08:51 PM
you can go piss up a rope

Do you have anything wired under the battery cable terminal studs that are used to tighten the cables to the battery? Might want to give the battery cables a good tug and see if they are loose.

P.s. don’t forget to stop by the welcome room and introduce yourself. After 10 or so posts you can post pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
y’aller quenchin' with beer

Last edited by snout; 01-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode