2008 JK Aftermarket stereo getting no rear speaker/sub sound - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-09-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

2008 JK Aftermarket stereo getting no rear speaker/sub sound

I have a 2008 JK with the infinity sound system and factory amplifier. I bought the PAC needed to connect to my radio, backup camera and all functions fine except my sub/rear speakers.

I realize in order to use this PAC C2R-CHY4 I had to hook up the front speaker outputs of the head unit to the rear speaker wires of the harness in order for it to work at all. Is there not a work around that will allow my sub + all my speakers to work? I've had no issues in the past on 2 other Nissan vehicles but this Jeep is wearing me out!

It specifically says "Connect the front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the rear inputs of the 22 pin radio connector...The rear speaker outputs of the aftermarket radio are not used".

I read somewhere the rear speaker outputs trigger the sub, which would make sense to me. Maybe I'm just stuck with front speakers when using my factory amplifier with an aftermarket stereo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Wheeler

Garage

You also have to make sure the amp trigger wire is connected to the correct trigger wire.

2009 JKUR 3" BDS,RK pro tie rods
post #3 of 5 Old 11-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Rock God

I got one of the Chinese android head units. It came with 2 harnesses, and I have an '08 with Infinity system. I had to use the one that fed the front output only, into the amp, which will split that & feed front & rear speakers & sub. (When I used the one with 4 outputs, I got no audio at all.)

The problem is, the original head unit tells the amp how to fade the front / rear via the CANBUS, so I have very low rear output, until such time as I can get an aftermarket amp with 4.1 output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone7
When you die, you see your life going by in a flash.

Steve Jobs didn't - Apple doesn't support Flash.
This message has been reviewed & approved by the NSA, Google and Microsoft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-19-2019, 01:25 PM
JKowners Vendor

I think you can add a power wire to the amp to tell it to turn on. some guys use the power antenna output.

There are some write-ups online somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #5 of 5 Old 11-19-2019, 07:34 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
I think you can add a power wire to the amp to tell it to turn on. some guys use the power antenna output.

There are some write-ups online somewhere.
Installed my kenwood deck and a set of amps this weekend.

Used the power antenna wire as my remote wire for the amps.

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode