AC Blower only works on with high end diagnostic computer connected - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-31-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

AC Blower only works on with high end diagnostic computer connected

My 2014 JKU Sport's AC blower stopped working yesterday. I have been troubleshooting since then. I have checked fuses and relays and have not found any that are blown. I also checked the connections and they are clean and connected. So from there I took it to O'Rileys to have them put it on the computer to see if there were any codes that my cheap reader didn't find and the weirdest thing happened. The blower came on after the diagnostic computer was connected. Never heard of that happening. Anyone have an idea/ever heard of something like that?

I have searched and read every thread on here that I could find in regards to AC, AC Blowers, and such and have not found a similar issue.

Can any of y'all help? TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-31-2019, 01:57 PM
Rock God

Did the blower start working when the tool was connected and is still working, or did it stop again when the diagnostic tool was disconnected? Was it like, plug in blower worked, plug out and blower stops? If so, I'd say demonic possession was the most likely culprit.

My guess is that it was coincidence, but it's hard to say without more information.

Last edited by BigTB; 07-31-2019 at 02:02 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-31-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

After the tech plugged in the diagnostic computer and started the diagnostic, the blower fan came on and ran continuously until the tech removed the computer. I didn't have him do it a second time. He said it would need to be checked by a computer that will check deeper into the systems and that it most likely will run again with the other computer connected. At that point, for some reason, I thought Autozone had a better computer and wanted to take it over there. Turns out they didn't.

It did tell me that the blower motor works though, so that is good I guess. The control panel has power (lights come one). The door opens to switch from inside to outside circulation (visually observed). Now I wonder if it is the TIPM. I say this because I have aftermarket LED/halo headlights and have heard they can mess with your electrical system. Jeeper I know had LED's and had to replace the TIPM. Though I've had them on another JKU, but never had an issue.

On other threads, people have mentioned they hear the compressor for the AC come on but to be honest, I haven't heard and don't know what it would sound like. Doesn't help that my hearing has been ruined by three different careers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode