JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/)
-   Electrical & Lighting Tech Dept. (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/electrical-lighting-tech-dept/)
-   -   J.W. Speaker J3 (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/electrical-lighting-tech-dept/383560-j-w-speaker-j3.html)

08JKUR33 05-21-2019 09:34 AM

J.W. Speaker J3

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone seen these yet in person? How much better are they really for the price? I thought I paid a lot for the VisionX but wow $1000!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bv0X3pgIwmc

Attachment 337066

j0n 05-21-2019 03:25 PM

Wow...so much for Moore's law on pricing coming down for products over time.

coilrod 05-21-2019 03:44 PM

At least every version works better than the 1st, (which was pretty good) and is 50 state legal. So this is money well spent if legal and better matter.

Treader 05-21-2019 05:41 PM

I have the original JW Speaker and those things are phenomenal over stock. Bluetooth for your headlight sounds like a gimmick and something else to go wrong

Only thing I would look to get on JW is the dual burn while in high-beam. Not that you lose that much, but you do lose some close distance when you switch over to high beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExWrench 05-21-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treader (Post 4462240)
Bluetooth for your headlight sounds like a gimmick and something else to go wrong

THIS^. Headlights don't need a radio - they're fucking headlights :laughing:

08JKUR33 05-21-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExWrench (Post 4462248)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Treader (Post 4462240)
Bluetooth for your headlight sounds like a gimmick and something else to go wrong

THIS^. Headlights don't need a radio - they're fucking headlights <a href="https://www.jkowners.com/forum/images/smilies/laughing.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Laughing" >:-)</a>

Hahaha soo true! I’m all down for brighter and better lights but let’s take the Bluetooth out and bring the price down. Figure out another way to manage the brighter “Offroad” mode

Laggy 05-22-2019 01:30 AM

Jesus that's a ridiculous price. It's too bad Morimoto stopped making that Sealed7 HID housing. I have it on my TJ and it's amazing. Can't get over the hotspots and uneven lighting pattern of normal priced LED housings. HID projectors have so much better wash and coverage. And you can go 4300k which is a VERY warm color. IT's like white with a slight yellow and was the preferred OSRAM color temp used by most all OEM equipped vehicles for many years.

I'm sure these new JW's have a beautiful wash, and coverage. But $1000? Gtfoh.

Laggy 05-22-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0n (Post 4462224)
Wow...so much for Moore's law on pricing coming down for products over time.

We are talking Wrangler parts here. Wranglers, or the "I'm gonna ask for full KBB on CL for a salvage title vehicle because it's only got 9k miles on it" Jeep model.

j3ff3ry_j33p 05-22-2019 04:57 AM

No different than the JKs,TJ,YJs before it, the JL and JT bunches have noobs and moolah. Since FCA is providing improved headlighting , JWS has to have something to hook em in with...
Apps will control everything ....these probably have the foundation circuitry and fireare to possibly later be equipped with an IP address and MAC address... thus could be considered a device on the IoT easy-enough... hypothetical communication with an entire fleet of vehicles headlights ? A mass firmware upgrade...it's coming , if not these...
People lemme tell ya , when the grid goes down , we gonna be in deep trouble..

Fwiw, these are roughly $250 headlamps and tech. The markup is bordering-upon sinfully overpriced. Yet people will pay and pay...

08JKUR33 05-22-2019 06:37 AM

I’ll still be pointing people too the Evo J2. With there duel burn Hi/Lo and integrated anti flicker, and a $450 out the door price. They are tough to beat. Only reason I went with the Vision X is because the J1 didn’t have the Duel burn and I could get a adapter for the VX. But I definitely paid for it.

j3ff3ry_j33p 05-22-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08JKUR33 (Post 4462320)
Iíll still be pointing people too the Evo J2. With there duel burn Hi/Lo and integrated anti flicker, and a $450 out the door price. They are tough to beat. Only reason I went with the Vision X is because the J1 didnít have the Duel burn and I could get a adapter for the VX. But I definitely paid for it.

Now, 225 per light isn't stupendously expensive. That is kinda reasonable for the quality you receive.
$500 bucks per headlight is absurd.

SpartanToJo 05-23-2019 08:36 AM

Where are we finding J2's for $450 a pair out the door? Thanks!

08JKUR33 05-23-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartanToJo (Post 4462382)
Where are we finding J2's for $450 a pair out the door? Thanks!

Talk to Marcus at river city Offroad. He has sales on them.