HOT OIL wire bypass - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chipewa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-18-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
HOT OIL wire bypass

hey all , i have a 2012 jk with hot oil sway bar light flashing and dinging . trans stays in 2nd i think and speedometer dose not work. it is always on . tried disconnecting battery over night. i tried clearing codes and nothing works to resolve issue. any one know how to bypass the tipm to tcm wire issue. i heard there was a bypass that got rid of my hot oil issue. Please help i need for work. thnx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2019, 04:10 AM
Rock God

This is the first thing I think of when you mention disabling the HOT OIL warning light.
Attached Images

coilrod likes this.

LS3 2007 JKU X - Red Rock, 2012 JKU Rubicon - Deep Cherry Red, 2001 TJ - Black
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2019, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage

lol , that poor jeep . My jeep has had this problem on and off for over a year. It never has had hot oil. I know it is a can bus problem , and have read some people have had rodents chew a wire causing this issue , others have had a loose battery connection (witch was my initial problem last year).After some research it looks like the dealership is running a wire bypass from the tipm to the tcm apparently this certain wire in the loom is faulty. My fluid is full. I've changed it , ive bought a new battery. It usually happens when sitting over night i will reset battery and it is fine all day even after a 300 mile drive, it runs perfect shifts perfect. There is a you tube video of a man showing how the dealership did the wire bypass but not in enough detail. I live far away from any dealership and according to others after paying for 5 or 6 visits there jeep still had the problem. If i buy a new TCM , would it have to be flashed at the dealership? Although i am still leaning towards a faulty wire harness as others had said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode