Bypassing (blown) Infinity Amp - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Bypassing (blown) Infinity Amp

First post here, and after searching the internet and trying just about everything, I am lost.

2007 sahara with the infinity system. Amp is shot I'm guessing. Blows m12 fuse everytime a new fuse touches the fuse box. Called the speakership and of course the amp is discontinued so no plug and play option unless I want to fork out $300 for one on Ebay.

I've read about bypassing the amp all together, I do have an aftermarket HU with the pac adapter already in it, and I'm not too worried about losing the sub doing this since I have aftermarket subs off an another amp. BUT HOW? I've tried using quick splices to jump the 2 plugs that go in the back of the amp and no luck.

I really don't want to run all new speaker wires so I'm trying to avoid that at all costs, even if that means just getting another infinity amp.

Can someone explain to me how they bypassed this amp? Does it have to go from the plugs up to the head unit wires? What am I doing wrong here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Helped a friend awhile ago swap head units and the PAC adapter you mentioned came with 2 harnesses, one for an amplified system and one for a non-amplified system...might check if you need to switch that accordingly if you’re gonna bypass the amp by jumpering the input and output plugs together, which I have no experience with but in theory I guess could work...except I remember the PAC adapter was all about the head unit controlling through the can-bus so I dunno what role that would play with the OEM amplifier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode