E3 plugs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

E3 plugs

I put a set of E3's in my 07 unlimited and it has caused it to miss. Is there anyone else that has seen this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I haven't used them myself- but have heard of maybe 5-6 others on this forum alone, that have used them and were not happy with the performance.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 03:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Yep, almost left my wife and i stranded in the desert between CA and NV. Developed a dead miss before we got on the freeway. Swapped them out for NGKs in teh vatozone lot, never again!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have had these for 3 months and have had a miss off and on. was on way home from Superlift in Arkansas and felt like it was going to come apart. Emailed E3 and a tech called me back. He sent me instructions to send them back and they are supposed to refund my money. its only $40 but i had to spend $30 to correct..
Atleast they are going to refund my money, guess they dont want any bad publicity...
post #5 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

i have not tried them in the jk, herd bad things. i do have them in my xj and have had no problems
post #6 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Wheeler

I am running them in mine, and have for almost 3k miles. No problems here at all. I have been happy with the performance of them.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I have had these for 3 months and have had a miss off and on. was on way home from Superlift in Arkansas and felt like it was going to come apart. Emailed E3 and a tech called me back. He sent me instructions to send them back and they are supposed to refund my money. its only $40 but i had to spend $30 to correct..
Atleast they are going to refund my money, guess they dont want any bad publicity...
I took them back to the parts store. They made a fuss saying they were lifetime warrantied. I've never been concerned with a spark plug warranty before. Sure enough they were shit. A lot of good that warranty does me stuck on the side of the road.

I got a refund. They seemed amazed I didn't want another set!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Rock God

Have them on for about 20k now, zero issues, but nothing happened in terms of "better MPG, power, yada yada yada". No such thing out of a plug...

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #9 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am one of those that had misfires and nothing but trouble after about a month in my 09 JK Unlimited. Put the stock plugs back in and fine. I wouldn't waste the money on them... too late I already did that! I wouldn't want you to waste your money on them.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I tried them in my 07... 200 KMS later... 2 cylinders miss fire... I returned the plugs, got stock ones... contacted E3 and they sent me new ones... you want them, you can have them... they are shit... JMO

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Rock God

I have had these same issues in other cars with the bosch plus4 4 prong plugs, I will not run them or the E3 plugs in anything and would not recommend them to anybody.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #12 of 14 Old 10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

Glad I found this thread. I just avoided a headache.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Yep, almost left my wife and i stranded in the desert between CA and NV. Developed a dead miss before we got on the freeway. Swapped them out for NGKs in teh vatozone lot, never again!
Which NGKs did you go with? I was planning on putting Iridiums in mine.

Thanks,
Mike

CURRENT - ordered 10/26, home 1/142008 JK Unlimited,3.8L,6-spd,limited slip,dual tops,tow pkg,all power
SOLD1999 XJ 4.0L,AX15,NP231,D30HP,C8.25
STOLEN1993 XJ 4.0L,AW4 ,NP231,D30HP,C8.25:::C4X4 THB:GDI 3row:K&N:JKS QD: Dynomax#17340:MagnaflowCat#23221:Surco 45x60
post #14 of 14 Old 10-08-2010, 01:11 PM
JKO Addict!

I bought some and inspected them before installing and noticed that they were differnt thread lengths and the location of the threads varied. Out of six none looked the same. I returned them to the store and bought another brand. I may try them again at a future time...maybe they will get qg under control by then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode