Q: Benchmark K.I.S.S. Dual Battery - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Q: Benchmark K.I.S.S. Dual Battery

John,

Got this via email back in April. Sorry to put you on blast here, but I have sent a few emails and a recent PM inquiring my options or if I should worry at all.

So far, no problems and it appears to be functioning as it should. However, if there is an upgrade option or suggested re-wire, id like to get it done for piece of mind.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark Designs Inc. View Post
Just a quick update on some changes we're making to our JK KISS Dual Battery Systems and instructions for existing customers.

Recently what we've found, is a very small number of customer who have reported intermittent ignition problems. We've revisited the circuitry interface and believe the most likely cause of the problems are weak TIPMs or PCMs depending on the specific case. Our kits have internal protection and isolation circuitry and are designed to be functionally independent from the OEM electronics. Even though our electronics are relatively simple, the OEM are complex and are known to be glitchy and we've found the more separation, the better. (Ask me how many times my MyGig has quit!)

That said, we believe a better approach is for our kit to get it's "turn-on" signal from the cigarette lighter, rather than from the wire bundle under the TIPM. This will simplify installation and isolate our harness from the TIPM/PCM.

Alternately, the isolator solenoid can be manually switched with a standard SPST switch.

All new kits will ship with a longer wiring harness to attach to the cigarette lighter wiring. Existing kits in the field must be reconfigured
to connect to the cigarette lighter as well. Customers with existing kits in the field should contact us and we can supply a replacement longer harness as well as updated instructions.

Those with the Smart Isolator can ignore this email.

Feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!

They've been on a lot promoting their new bumpers. Best bet is to send them a PM with your name and address and I'm sure they'll have it out to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Granite Guru

I'll put one of the new wiring kits together and get it out to you.

Also, a lot of people have been asking for a Stage 2 (KISS) to Stage 3 (Smarty) upgrade package, so we've made that available and put it on the website:

http://www.benchmarkdesigns.com/inde...index&cPath=22

Badass Bumpers, Dual Battery Systems, Rockcrawler Oil Pans and More!
www.benchmarkdesigns.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Thanks John, I'd like to go with the updated wiring kit.

PM sent with my info.
TonyT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode