Door locks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-26-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Door locks

I have an 08 Sahara. Cold air intake throttle body spacer flow master exhaust and super chips tuner. Recently I had the no start issue where sometimes it would just click. I put a new ground into the top of the alternator like many of you suggested on other posts. That has seemed to fix the issue however now my key fob will not work and door locks will only unlock and not lock. If I pull the IOD fuse and reseat it after 30 seconds the key fob and door locks will be normal until the first time I start the jeep. After starting and removing the key the key fob and door locks go back to not functioning. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-26-2018, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksny24 View Post
I have an 08 Sahara. Cold air intake throttle body spacer flow master exhaust and super chips tuner. Recently I had the no start issue where sometimes it would just click. I put a new ground into the top of the alternator like many of you suggested on other posts. That has seemed to fix the issue however now my key fob will not work and door locks will only unlock and not lock. If I pull the IOD fuse and reseat it after 30 seconds the key fob and door locks will be normal until the first time I start the jeep. After starting and removing the key the key fob and door locks go back to not functioning. Help!

you've reset by holding ground lead and pos battery leads together for a minute ,yes?

Also, this occurs with either key? Or just one ...you didn't drain the little fob battery by testing it & this just is a coincidence that that battery happened to go on you at same time as you installed a new negative battery cable,right? Seems silly , but just worth asking , imo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-26-2018, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

I have not tried holding the battery cables together. I believe fob battery is good as I can reset the fuse and every time the fob will work until I cycle the key in the ignition. I ran through the fuse box under the hood after I added the new ground cable and this when the situation occurred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-26-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Also if I remove the key and open the drivers door it chimes like when you leave the lights on.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you sir! Held the positive and negative cables together and reset it!
post #6 of 6 Old 08-03-2018, 04:29 AM

Thanks for the help, I had the same problem!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode