Pico Solder Seal Connectors - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Pico Solder Seal Connectors

Anyone who's installed ORO LiteDOTs will be familiar with these, Pico Solder Seal Connectors. They are not cheap, but allow for quick and easy solder joints without messing around with soldering iron, etc.

They are a heat shrink connector, but unlike the crimp type they have a ring of solder inside them. Simply twist a couple of wires together, slide over the connector, then hit it with a butane torch, as it heats up the solder melts and creates a soldered joint, at the same time the connector shrinks down making a waterproof seal.

I've used them for a while now and really like how easy they are to use and how well they work.

You can get them at plenty of places online in different sizes:

http://www.qualitydist.net/pisoseheshbu.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Rock God

Those are awesome Phil... thanks for pointing them out.

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #3 of 3 Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Hemo

Phil,

THANKS. I have been going crazy trying to find out what those were called. I installed 10 ORO liteSPOTs and they came with them. They were awesome. So incredibly easy. I've been trying to figure out what they were called so I could buy more. You're a lifesaver.

2008 Rubi Unltd RR Roll Cage - Limb Risers - Evap Skid - Diff Covers PolyPerf HD Ball Joints Reid Hi Steer Knuckles RK 3.5" Triple Threat PRO Longarm Rebel F & R Coil Overs sPod Mini Shrockworks Rock Sliders - Rear Bumper w/ Tire Swing Xenon Flat Flares ORO Onboard Air BD Dual Battery 5.13 Gears 35" BFG KM2s Warn VR12000 Winch Safari Straps Everything Tuffy Security Drawer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode