Pod lights wired to Light bar? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-31-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Pod lights wired to Light bar?

Can i just wire my new 18watt pods x2 to my existing 52 inch light bat wiring to use the same switch for all? Is that as simple as just splicing the neg and poss to the light bars neg and poss and done? Im thinking theres redundancy with the 52 inch light bar and a couple of pods with 6 leds each wont over power the circut but I dont have a clue so there ya have it. haha Anyone ever do this?

2014 JK 2 Door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-31-2018, 05:42 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper View Post
Can i just wire my new 18watt pods x2 to my existing 52 inch light bat wiring to use the same switch for all? Is that as simple as just splicing the neg and poss to the light bars neg and poss and done? Im thinking theres redundancy with the 52 inch light bar and a couple of pods with 6 leds each wont over power the circut but I dont have a clue so there ya have it. haha Anyone ever do this?
As long as the wires, switch/relay, fuse, etc. can handle the extra current load, it should be fine. Just make sure you make good, solid, water resistant splices and insulate them well from the possibility of a short.

Do you know the draw of the light bar (watts), the size of wire and the rating of the switch or relays? Is it stuff that came with the light bar?
post #3 of 4 Old 03-31-2018, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
As long as the wires, switch/relay, fuse, etc. can handle the extra current load, it should be fine. Just make sure you make good, solid, water resistant splices and insulate them well from the possibility of a short.

Do you know the draw of the light bar (watts), the size of wire and the rating of the switch or relays? Is it stuff that came with the light bar?

No I dont know Ill have to do some digging. Thanks.

2014 JK 2 Door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-31-2018, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So all as i can tell is theres a 20Amp fuse from the light bar direct to battery on positive side. im trying to figure out what that tells me haha I cant find the relay still looking for it. it was done at a shop years ago very clean good install. To clean!! haha The pods have 9-32 Voltx 18 watts each pod power capacity ? 6x 3 watts each light and theres 12 all together 6 on each pod. A buddy said just wire them up directly to the poss and neg and if I blow a fuse run a separate relay for the pods? that sorta makes scene. im the worst when it comes to electronics!!

2014 JK 2 Door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode