Electric Windows and Locks question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Electric Windows and Locks question

I have a friend that wants to put full doors with electric windows and electric door locks on his JK but his came with half doors, we checked today and his plug for the doors have only 2 pins and the one for the full electric doors it's bigger.

What does he have to do in order to change the doors to electric???

Thanks

Gus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 JK Sahara 4" of lift, 2" BL, 37" M16's , rancho rear bumper, EVO C gussets and skids, PSC Evap Skid, SB Bumper w/stinger, 10000LB SB Winch, Aussie locker on front and a lot of spare axle shafts lol
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Rock God

i have no idea, but can u find out what i need for my full doors to have power?

Thanks

Rambo

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Rock God

i added power doors to mine... the easiest way to do it is buy a switch kit ..that comes with the switches and wiring harness... i think it was under 100 bucks... then you can even put the switches in the stock location if you want... to add the factory harness and switches was a big hassle and alote of money... the switch kit i got works like factory looks good for under 100 bucks.. just have to run the wiring and put the switches where you want them .. hope this helps...

this is the kit i got worked great... i only used 4 of the switches.. you can set it up anyway you like ..good luck

http://***.a1electric.com/Merchant2/..._Code=33040130
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by talljeep View Post
I have a friend that wants to put full doors with electric windows and electric door locks on his JK but his came with half doors, we checked today and his plug for the doors have only 2 pins and the one for the full electric doors it's bigger.

What does he have to do in order to change the doors to electric???

Thanks

Gus
I have Done it already.

2 & 4 Door List of stuff needed.

1. Center Dash Panel
2. Dash Harness
3. Power Window Switch
4. WCM if you want remote key. Kits on ebay with keys and antenna included

4 Door only.

1. Body Harness
2. Console panel
3. Rear window switch
4. Console harness

About 5 hours of work. Run, to dealer flash the ECM. Add EVS1 code to ecm so you have remote door locks.

Last edited by 98jeepboy; 11-07-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added info
post #5 of 11 Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Where did you get the harness? any parts number?

Thanks

Gus

2008 JK Sahara 4" of lift, 2" BL, 37" M16's , rancho rear bumper, EVO C gussets and skids, PSC Evap Skid, SB Bumper w/stinger, 10000LB SB Winch, Aussie locker on front and a lot of spare axle shafts lol
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

X2, please post up the part numbers if you have them

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #7 of 11 Old 11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Wheeler

What year are you planning the swap on? Is it a 2 door or 4 door? What options are you wanting to add at the same time, i.e. hard top. An PM and I can hook you up with a dealer that sales whole sale. Rough prices for mine was $200 for dash harness. $120 for body. An $200 for remote start kit. Radio Bezel $65. 5gang Switch dash $40. 2 gang console Switch $28. Console Harness $28. Then Your set. Its just taking the jeep apart and install it. I have pics of the dash out and can help walk you through taking it apart.

Here is a list for a 2010. The harnesses in 10's are close to pre models. Can be interchanged with late 09 I know for sure. My options for my Jeep are 4dr with soft top, Non infinity radio, Fogs, Temp cluster, trac control. I only added Power, Locks and windows, remote start. I do not have the factory Alarm, It is just lock/unlock/panic/start. You will have to have a few more sales codes entered for it to work.

Dash Harness 68048034AD

Body Harness 68045618AD

Console Harness 68002790AA

Remote Start Kit 82211437AD

Console Trim 1FH671D5AA

Console Switch 56010091AB

Dash Switch 04602756AB

Radio Trim 5KU02XDVAA

Tailgate Latch 04589584AA

I made an error on the 2 doors. You will need to do the body harness unless you don't want a power tailgate.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Rubicon OIF 09

I'm in this process right now. I have the dash panel with the window switches and the 4 power doors. I do not want the power tailgate and I dont have a factory remote. Is the only thing I need right now the power harness from the window switches to the doors? Will that harness also give power to the locks? And which part number is that?

2014 Unlimited Rubicon X in Bright White!
3.5 Rock Krawler X factor lift, Truck Light headlights, a couple Rigged Industries light bars and Nitto Mud Grapples 37x13.50R17 on KMC Rockstar II's, Uniden Bearcat CB, RIPP Supercharger, Smitty BUilt 10k wireless winch with synthetic line, LUX Rock Lites, Rancho 9000 shocks, Crawler Concepts front bumper sprayed with Line-X, Grab Bars on the interior, with all Kicker Speakers including the kicker hide away sub in addition to the factory sub

post #9 of 11 Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Rubicon OIF 09

Also what abour the back windows? Can i add that switch and does it run off the same harness?

2014 Unlimited Rubicon X in Bright White!
3.5 Rock Krawler X factor lift, Truck Light headlights, a couple Rigged Industries light bars and Nitto Mud Grapples 37x13.50R17 on KMC Rockstar II's, Uniden Bearcat CB, RIPP Supercharger, Smitty BUilt 10k wireless winch with synthetic line, LUX Rock Lites, Rancho 9000 shocks, Crawler Concepts front bumper sprayed with Line-X, Grab Bars on the interior, with all Kicker Speakers including the kicker hide away sub in addition to the factory sub

post #10 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Wheeler

Pix Please

[QUOTE= I have pics of the dash out and can help walk you through taking it apart.[/QUOTE]

Can you post these?
post #11 of 11 Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 PM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

Do NOT use the door actuator kit from Electric-Life that claims to be for the JK doors. It's terrible, and you'll probably never actually get it installed due to the size of the doors.

However, the window kit is amazing. Better motors than the factoy stuff, and pretty easy to install. Highly recommended!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode