check engine light coming on - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-25-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

check engine light coming on

Hey there, awesome group! I've got a question that is stumping me. I've got an 08 Wrangler X, here a week ago we got a good cold snap, 5 below without wind chill, I went out to start my Jeep to let it warm up and the check engine light came on. I let it warm up, still on. Drove it a little after it was warmed up, still on. Parked it, checked everything I could think of, fluids ect. Nothing appears to be out of place. Next day it was warmer in the 20s, went to start it and now the light was off. A week later it's in the 30s and now it's back on. I tried the turn the key on off 3 times fast to get the code all it does it flash ------------- for about 30 seconds then says ----DONE------ no codes come up. It runs perfectly, fluids and filters all appear normal. Anyone got any ideas as to where to look next? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Rock God

Use a code scanner to look for codes. Not all codes will show with the key dance.

If you don't want to buy a code scanner, many auto parts stores will scan your Jeep for free.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #3 of 3 Old 02-27-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! That's what I figured my next step was but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone had any other ideas. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode