P0344 and P0340 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-29-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

P0344 and P0340

Hey. I have been having the following problems.

Last week i got the CEL and the ESP icon (only the sliding car, not the ESP BAS light), and I noticed my jeep was taking a long time to start. The first start of the morning would be as normal, but during the day, everytime i wanted to start the jeep, it would crank for 5-10 seconds until it started.

Then, I also noticed something weird. I have a 2007 Auto, and I usually run in the 1900-2100 RPM range... i rarely rev it up more than that, except when pulling my boat. When going downhill, I would let go off the gas pedal, and the rpms would go down to 1000 or so.... now, i have been noting that when i let go off the pedal, the rpms stay at 2000... if i shift to Neutral, they go down to 800 or so.... but in gear, they stay at 2000... not always, but most of the times.... i believe this has been hapening more when i am in 4th gear... if i go to 2nd or 3rd and then let go, rpms will down as usual.... but it seems as if the jeep is staying in 4th shift instead of going to neutral while downhill, thus keeping the rpms up....

so today i ran the scanner and got P0344 and P0340 codes, which indicate a problem in the camshaft sensor.

So, what would be the next step? replace the sensor? clean it? check timing? replace timing belt/chain??

thank you!!

2007 JKU, 2.5" Rock Krawler lift, 285/70 17 mud terrains....

Last edited by shu2kill; 11-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-21-2017, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

well, i solved it a couple weeks ago but had forgotten to report in here, just for someone that might have the same problem in the future...

it has indeed the camshaft sensor. replacing it is really easy, it takes about 5 minutes and a 10mm socket wrench. i got it for about $30. the old one had what looked like a crust of burnt oil. after replacing it, the jeep has been working great as before.

2007 JKU, 2.5" Rock Krawler lift, 285/70 17 mud terrains....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode