Powered Sub Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkulik321

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-05-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Powered Sub Install

Hello,

Im looking to install an Alpine PWE-S8 Powered 8-Inch Subwoofer in my 2017 JKU Sport. I have the Boss Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Im not very savvy with this stuff but I think I understand how to get power to the sub. I just need to know how to wire the sub to the stock radio unit and how/where to ground.

The sub will be going under the passenger seat. I heard someone say that i should run the power cable on the opposite side of the vehicle from the other wires?

thanks you for your help!
I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

subscribed, sorry I don't have any answers for you, but thinking about doing the same just not sure if this would go under the passenger seat, would love to see some photos of how you end up mounting this
post #3 of 5 Old 07-05-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

This will fit under the seat for sure and I believe I can just fasten it to the floor.
Texas_Jester likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Rock God

You'll tap into one of the factory speaker + and - wires for high-level input into the subwoofers amplifier, then set your low level cross over to filter out any frequencies above ~80Hz.

Ground can run back to battery, or the nearest bolt/screw that connects to the vehicle body/chassis on bare clean metal.
Power should be ran seperate from signal wires yes, but I wouldn't focus on being absolutely opposite side of the Jeep.

The factory systems have an unfortunate roll-off rate for the output of the head unit. At a certain point, the louder you crank it, the less it increases output. It sucks and makes the factory system weak. I have a feeling you'll experience the same issue as that will be the signal to the aftermarket sub/amp.

2007 JKU Sahara........................... 2015 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E......................................2.5" Rock Krawler Expedition Stage-1
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear........35's
Bastard lift
Totaled; being rebuilt
post #5 of 5 Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Rock God

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/electr...-write-up.html

Marcus has a great writeup on exactly what you need and wires to tap into. I used it when I put a sub in, less than 2 months ago. To bad all the pictures from PhotoFucket have been erased. You truly do not need them though.

2010 2 door manual sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode