Which Lights for Windshield Bracket Mounts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-28-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Which Lights for Windshield Bracket Mounts

My girlfriend got me windshield light brackets for my birthday. I am trying to decide which lights to get. I am leaning toward the Warn wireless 6.5" driving lights. http://www.quadratec.com/products/97038_7000.htm

Some folks mentioned I should go with fog lights instead for a wider angle of lighting.

I am open to suggestions. I kind of like the wireless thing and not having to run the wires and mount switches in the cab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Any up to 6" will work just fine, you might measure for anything bigger than that. The Warn wireless ones are nice but IMO you are paying for something that is about as simple as it gets when it comes to wired vs wireless... I started out with the 6" Hella's on the windshield and then went to a PIAA 4" just because it doesn't limit the field of view as much.

I am a big fan of the Lightforce lights...... will be going to those later on.

And fog vs driving vs spot.... it depends on what you want.. I like the spots on the windshield and fog/driving on the front bumper - fogs up high and driving down low.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Wheeler

KC Slimlites

Just mounted these (driving lights) this weekend - going to wire them into the high beam circuit.

2010 Sahara 2dr
Deep Water Blue
Stock (for now)

Once a King - always a King.......but once a knight is enough
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have been debating windshield lights since I bought my jeep.. Pretty much decided on buying the mopar wiring kit and having them come on with the high beams just as mentioned earlier in the tread

no jeep here...
post #5 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I decided to go with the KC Slims driving lights. I'll post some pics when they come in and I get them mounted.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

That is a fantastic idea... I have a set of PIAA 520's that I am trying to figure out where to mount them. I would be very interested in mounting them like you did, and wiring them to the High Beam circuit. That's a great idea!

2010 JK Sport: 4.88:1 Yukon Gears, Spartan Lockers, A.C.E. Rock Rails, Gobi Stealth Rack, HELLA FF75 lights, 16x8 ION ALLOY 174 wheels, 315/75/16 Maxxis Bighorn MT's, Smitty XRC front bumper, Smitty XRC8 winch and cover, Smitty roller fairlead license plate holder, Alpine Sound System with JL Audio Sub, 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Bedlined front Grille
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode