Help with windshield lights? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-31-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Help with windshield lights?

I am new to jeeps and was wondering what kind of windshield mounted lights i should get. i have decided between these kc lights KC hilites 4" LZR LED Driving Lights and Rigid Industries D2 driving lights. Which would you recommend and do you think there will be a glare at all? OR are there any options that might be a little cheaper that are still bright as these guys and still has the LED driving pattern? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-31-2017, 12:10 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

First question is what do you want them for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-31-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Night driving, not too intense off-roading, but theres a lot of unlit roads/ trails around me so need something that lights up the night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-31-2017, 02:19 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I would go with the Rigid between those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-01-2017, 08:46 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny123 View Post
I am new to jeeps and was wondering what kind of windshield mounted lights i should get. i have decided between these kc lights KC hilites 4" LZR LED Driving Lights and Rigid Industries D2 driving lights. Which would you recommend and do you think there will be a glare at all? OR are there any options that might be a little cheaper that are still bright as these guys and still has the LED driving pattern? Thanks
Hey there! Bailey here at Baja Designs. We'd love to earn your business! We have great options for the JK Windshield if you're open to other ideas. Based on the other options you're looking at here is what I'd recommend.

Squadron Pro, Pair, Spot (497801)
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...r-spot-led.asp
$429.95 ------ $386.95 JK Pricing

All of our LED Lights feature a Limited Lifetime Warranty and are also backed by a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. This gives you complete purchase protection and confidence knowing your lights are set to last for many years to come!

Our lights also features uService Interchangeable lenses and optics. Since you're mounting the lights on the hood I would run the Spot pattern for reduced glare. With uService technology you can easily change a beam pattern or color in a matter of minutes. This would allow you to experiment with our Driving/Combo pattern and see if that provides the nearfield lighting you want without the hood glare associated. https://www.bajadesigns.com/science-...g/uservice.asp

We also have you covered for a mounting solution! We offer JK A-Pillar Mounts here:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products...-Mount-Kit.asp
$59.95 ------ $53.95

Please let us know if you have any questions. Always happy to help!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]

ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
- (800)422-5292
post #6 of 7 Old 06-02-2017, 09:49 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny123 View Post
I did the same thing as much of the roads were poorly lit. I went the affordable and yet durable route as I was only going to use it occasionally. I have a dual light set-up using cree fog lights on the top and spot lights on the bottom using a dual pillar. Since I have 2 pairs of lights, I bought 2 light harnesses connected them to daystar pillar lights . Whole set-up cost me less than $200. Hope this helps!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Granite Guru

Help with windshield lights?

The KC side mounts would give you less hood glare.
https://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLiTES-73.../dp/B00D157CRA

The Rigid side shooters are a nice design, giving you forward and side shooting light. Perfect for backroads.

Not sure how you feel about hood mount 20" light bars, as those work well too.

The dual mount for 4 pods is a cool setup, too. I can't remember which company makes one that gives all 5 pod lights some adjustability.

Bumper mounted driving lights are good too, not to steer you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by aqualungs; 06-12-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode