JKOwners Forum banner

Power with the door open

639 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  UnlimiDozer 
#1 ·
hey, i have a 2007 Sahara.... up until yesterday, whenever i removed the key, i would loose all power as soon as i opened the door... but today, i noticed that sometimes, when i remove the key and open the door, radio wont turn off, i can still close the electric windows, and even the 12V outlet on the left side has power.... this wont happen always, and if i close and open the door again, sometimes i will loose the power... so im guessing the switch is getting stuck in the CLOSED DOOR position... however, i couldnt find such switch...

so, any idea of what may be happening??

#2 ·
The wires that tell your computer whether your door is open or closed run to the door latch. Try dousing the latch's innerds with WD40 to free up anything that's gummed up. If that gets your RAP working reliably again, lube the latch with white lithium grease because the WD40 will evaporate out and you'll have no lube, plus be back to square one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.