Led Lights with built in turn signals - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-10-2017, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Led Lights with built in turn signals

Hi guys, new here and looking for a little tech advice as to which wire on my turn signal i tap into so my turn signals own my new Led headlights work.
from what i can see on the wiring harness to my turn signals, driver side is a black wire and 2 white with green stripe. passenger side is black wire and 2 white with orange stripe. Im assuming the red wire coming of lights is the hot and green is the ground?
any ideas would be greatly appreciated

2011 jk wrangler.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Wheeler

I just did this. With these headlights. let me see if I can find the paper I scribbled my wire color notes on..

I remember reading a lot about this because I also incorporated LED corner markers with the turn signals. It's a floating ground system where the signal powers up each side of the stock incandescent bulb to make the blinker flash, but that won't work with the LEDs or something like that. Either way, my notes show the order on both sides is Ground - Parking - Signal. So ground is ground, the middle wire goes to the DRL (even though this makes the "DRL" only work when the parking lights are on) and the end wire is the signal. That's how I wired mine up, though I ended up making harnesses to connect the factory connector, factory turn signal, LED headlight and LED marker light. Cleaner that way.

Double checking my Inspired Engineering install instructions, they do say to wire the DRL to the center wire in the harness which puts the DRL on with the running lights. If you're looking for a real DRL, connect that wire to any switched power source. The white LEDs light up when the headlights are on anyway.

Just a note, I've had these headlights installed for a few months and I'm very happy with them

Last edited by icrashbikes; 03-10-2017 at 06:58 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-10-2017, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

that would be awesome!!!! much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-10-2017, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

ok so the if I'm understanding this correctly. The black wire in the signal harness is the wire i need to tap into to wire in signal on lights. other 2White with stripe wires are ground and DRL?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the geezer View Post
ok so the if I'm understanding this correctly. The black wire in the signal harness is the wire i need to tap into to wire in signal on lights. other 2White with stripe wires are ground and DRL?
Nope, go the other way. Black is ground so you can ignore those. Center is DRL, opposite side is signal. Unfortunately I didn't write down the colors of my wires but the position is what counts.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-25-2017, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

ok one last thing, the red and green wire coming from light for the turn signals, which wire is which? any idea? can seem to get Amber to work with turn signals, they just flash regular white.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode