Technical Assistance with Tune Change - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-28-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Technical Assistance with Tune Change

Briefly, returned my 2013 JK to stock with my Superchips Flashpac. The lane change and running lights-on when in gear were NOT activated before the return to stock. I then had a supercharger installed. It came with its own Diable i2 tune programed for the new system.

Problem is both the lane change blinker and running lights are now active. Diablo tech says their tune was specifically designed to the supercharger designer's specs. It has no activate/deactivate for either of these two functions. They have no explanation of how these were turned on unless it is left over from the Superchips tune. Don't think this is likely since they were never enabled before and my shop returned to stock with the Flashpac. The Diable new tune was accepted without a problem. The supercharger vendor says they did not program these to active and only re-tuned engine parameters. My shop guys are uncertain how to proceed. I want to disable the running lights. Everything mechanically is over the top with new power and shift points.

Anyone know a procedure/hardware/software to disable this one item(running lights) in the control module?

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-28-2017, 12:17 PM
JKowners Vendor

Those options are stored in the TIPM. Look in the quick adjust menu and see if there is an option for the lamps.

You may also have the option to change it through the DIC on the cluster.

If you can't get it corrected the TIPM will have to be either reflashed by the dealer or have someone like ourselves go in and manually change the option back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #3 of 3 Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
Those options are stored in the TIPM..
Hell yes. You may have saved me much grief. Bet some of their techs monkeyed with it...........crossed-up the tuner options with the TIPM options.

Much obliged and feeling stupid.

-Joe

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode