Bushwacker Side Marker lights not working - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bushwacker Side Marker lights not working

Need some help, I installed the Bushwacker Flat fender flares on my 2007 JK and the LED side marker lights (both sides) dont work. All other lights work fine and the side marker lights worked on my Stock flares before this install. If it were a fuse then the other lights wouldnt work, Im guessing. I have power going all the way up to the LED board but lights dont come on. I even switched up the wires like the instructions say and still no power. Any suggestions? By the way the look awesome but I'm worried about not being legal. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Granite Guru

Did you check your connections? I had problems with mine getting a good connection when I installed them.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 12:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Check your connection, did you solder? Do you have a cold solder? Check your polarity, LED's will only work one way.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Rock God

This may sound dumb, but don;t run the wires "same color to same color". Mine were opposite colors when hooking them up. pi$$esd me off cause I installed everything, heat shrinked, and mounted the flares before testing the lights. I missed that part in the destructions though.

I would double check the wiring again. ..esp where the bushwacker connections to the led are.

2016 JKU
post #5 of 10 Old 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM

I just installed my fender flares last saturday and did the same thing. they were already on and secured before i decided to check to see if the led's worked and they don't. i'm so pissed. i'm going to take another look at it this weekend to see if i can get them to work. i already tried switching the connections around (after taking the fender back off and peeling away the glue). i'd prefer not to take them off again, but i paid $550 for them and i feel like i wasted money with the lights not working even though the fenders themselves look great.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bush Wacker

Its the wires, I figured mine out. White to black and you cant just do one side and check them. They both have to be white to black or it wont work. Do know why they dont just put that in the instructions.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Granite Guru

I ended up doing a special install where I soldered the OEM plug into the LED connections so that you can click the OEM plugs back together for install.
I then silicone sealed the plugs to be waterproof and vibration resistant.
I would recommend that others do the same.

Tyler K
Portland, OR
----------------------------------------------------
2010 Rubicon 4dr Black
Daystar 1" BL
32" BFGs
Bushwacker Flats
Flowmaster Super 40 relocated
white LED rock lights
post #8 of 10 Old 08-11-2015, 07:20 AM

What did you guys use as adhesive to get them to stick back on after you pulled them back off to switch the wires?
post #9 of 10 Old 08-11-2015, 12:34 PM
JKowners Vendor

Call bushwacker and have them send a new set of adhesive for installing, I bought a used pair and installed them this way
post #10 of 10 Old 03-19-2016, 10:03 PM

hello..I'm having the same dang issue....I didn't finish the installation because I checked them first, thank goodness. I have done all these suggestions, but nothing has worked. Did you ever get your LED's to work...what did you do?

I have switched the wires, connected both sides, checked the fuse....neither led's work after all those were tried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode