(uConnect) Can answer incoming calls; Cannot Make Calls with Voice - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2017, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

(uConnect) Can answer incoming calls; Cannot Make Calls with Voice

Samsung Galaxy S4. Connects automatically via blue-tooth no problem, every time.

When someone calls me, I can either tap Accept on the screen or the phone button(?) and the call is answered and I can have a normal hands free conversation, and hang up with the phone button. No problem. Works every time. People on the other end say audio quality is fine.

The Problem: I cannot seem to make a voice-activated call. I hit the phone button and say "call so and so". It will come back and say "Call so and so, on mobile?" or "at home" (which matches the phone book on the phone), and when I say Yes or Correct, I then get a boop-beep and nothing and that's the end of it. I can pick up the phone and dial it by hand and as soon as the call is initiated, the blue-tooth hands free takes over and the call goes through and is normal in every way. When this same phone is paired to my other car, I can place calls with voice as well as receive them.

Any idea how to correct this? I have looked through the manuals, but have failed to find anything yet about this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-31-2017, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I seem to have resolved this issue by playing with the pairing profiles. There were two listed: Phone and Media. I unchecked and re-checked each, then tested calling in each checked/unchecked condition. After re-checking Phone, it worked.

I will report back if further problems are encountered.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2017, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yesterday, it stopped working again. I could not place calls with voice.

Last night, I did more online research, trying to see what other people thought helped them. Found a guy on a Dodge forum who put an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect from Uniq Tec and he said it solved his problems.

It was free, so I thought what the heck and grabbed it.

On the drive to work this morning, I was able to make calls via bluetooth. So, I am cautiously optimistic. I will report back to say if it keeps working or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Still working. Problem solved, evidently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode