Keyless tailgate lock only - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-02-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Keyless tailgate lock only

Howdy from Texas!

Have a new JK Unlimited. Running doors off here in Texas....supposed to be lie 106 today. Insane.

Anyhow, knew we'd be running doorless most of the year, so we opted for no power windows or locks. Have Bestop two-piece soft doors for rain and cold. Hard doors will probably never be on it again.

Anyhow, I have installed the Tuffy Secure Cargo deck installed, and store all eight pieces of the soft doors safely in there with the tailgate locked.

I knew that I could always add an aftermarket keyless entry, but I am wondering if I can add the factory keyless entry system to my Jeep for just the tailgate? I know that it would be the relay, locking mechanism, etc., but I don't know if it requires a different body controller module, alarm system, etc.

The addition of the alarm system would be great (mainly for motion) but definitely not a have to.

Lastly, if there are any of the dealer guys here (Wyckoff?), the required part numbers would be awesome. Surely there's a bunch of people that want a power lock on the tailgate!

Thanks and have a great day!
Thanh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Nobody? Nothing?

Bueller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode