stock sub hook up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question stock sub hook up

ok well i purchased a infinity mygig sound system and hooked up with with back up camera and still havn't found a good spot for it to go and also i put the loc-pic in there too. I also purchased a stock sub for the rear of the jeep. My jk didn't have it when i purchased it but the wires are there for it and it plugs in great etc. The only problem is that the sub doesn't work. Is there a AMP somewhere or can someone explain what i have to do to get it to work properly. I have basic knowledge and exp. with the jeep. Any ideas with out major electrical cutting and splicing etc. thanks- any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowx2rubi View Post
ok well i purchased a infinity mygig sound system and hooked up with with back up camera and still havn't found a good spot for it to go and also i put the loc-pic in there too. I also purchased a stock sub for the rear of the jeep. My jk didn't have it when i purchased it but the wires are there for it and it plugs in great etc. The only problem is that the sub doesn't work. Is there a AMP somewhere or can someone explain what i have to do to get it to work properly. I have basic knowledge and exp. with the jeep. Any ideas with out major electrical cutting and splicing etc. thanks- any help would be appreciated.
any help would be great... anyone have any ideas???
post #3 of 11 Old 08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I had an 07 that only had the basic stereo... no sub, but had the wire just like yours... I now have a 2010 with the full system, sub etc... what I have noticed is that there is an amp under the stearing column. If you don't have the amp, your sub won't work. Hope this helps.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07unlimitedx View Post
I had an 07 that only had the basic stereo... no sub, but had the wire just like yours... I now have a 2010 with the full system, sub etc... what I have noticed is that there is an amp under the stearing column. If you don't have the amp, your sub won't work. Hope this helps.
any ideas of size of amp needed? is there connectors inside from stereo to amp for amp to connect to sub? so where does the wire from sub to stereo go to? ideas? I am looking... its like a mystery... don't want to take the whole dash apart... again!

thanks
post #5 of 11 Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll take a look today and see what I can see.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-06-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07unlimitedx View Post
I'll take a look today and see what I can see.
ok great- thanks for your help. I looked but don't see much. I am just stuck between the stereo connection and the amp to the sub part. can't figure out wires. grrr
post #7 of 11 Old 08-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Granite Guru

amp

Dude, you need an amp. It's plug & play and you can even find upgrade amperage models for reasonable prices. Check Mopar for stock numbers and then start searching the vendors. You'll also get more power to your dash speakers, allowing to upgrade
post #8 of 11 Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yes i know i need a amp. But i opened the spot where they are connected ususally and i didn't see the wires in there but the wire was in the back to connect the factory sub that i purchased for 20 bucks but now just trying to figure out amp and connections. Any idea on size of amp and where the connecting wires go? Thanks
post #9 of 11 Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

what size amp is in a stock jeep for the stock sub?

anyone know what size amp is in the jeep stock for the stock sub to work... i can't find it anywhere... any one know where i can get one or anyone sellling theirs? Thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Wheeler

I have a stock Infinity amp you could buy off me if you want to PM me.

I have taken the factory connector off and ran wires which I have labelled. I originally was going to install it elsewhere but obtained another amp instead of dealing with the CAN message wakeup and tuning. I had overrode the IC that enables the unit on a CAN wakeup message, but this is easy to undo. I never made it far enough to actually test it on another system, but it definetely powers up and will work for you without having to find the right connector to plug into it, I found the 16 pin connector and pins at work but the 22 pin must be proprietary and I cannot find anywhere.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here's a couple of photos from the back of the amp and a model number.

Here is something else I just found... hope this helps.

http://www.neoxxis.com/jeep/JK07_ste...ing_no-amp.zip

Last edited by 07unlimitedx; 09-10-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode