LightForce Strykers Installed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

LightForce Strykers Installed

FINALLY! I picked up a set of Lightforce Strykers and got them installed. I also bought their wiring harness kit too as it contained the proper relay and inline fuse. Install went well other then it is a PITA to get the wiring into the cabin so I went in over the fender, under the vallance panel. and around the door jam. The relay trigger wire is connected to the highbeam wire behind the headlight (grille and headlight must be removed to get at this white/slate wire). Once done they will not come on unless the highbeams are on.
These suckers are bright WOW, I can spot a deer or moose on the road or in the ditch at least a 1/4 mile away...

Photos to follow later today...

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Photos as promised..

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Rock God

Looks good!

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Rock God

why was it hard to get the wiring into the cabin? The jk is the easiest vehicle in the world to run wires into. If you have an auto just poke through the rubber clutch hole on the fire wall. Or any of the rubber grommets for that matter.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #5 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Granite Guru

looks good.

What is wrong with the soft top? The frame is pointed up in the air instead of laying over the fender wells.

2009 SUNBURST ORANGE JK 4 DOOR SOFT TOP. 4" PRO COMP LIFT W/ 35" X 12.50" PROCOMP EXTREME ALL TERRAINS ON 18" ULTRA ROGUE WHEELS. FABTECH PRE-RUNNER FRONT BUMPER. HID LIGHT KIT AND STILL BUILDING...........

RED DRAGONS!!!

shout out to Ellis Mate

p.s....I took a sh*t in your Moms fish tank
post #6 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
why was it hard to get the wiring into the cabin? The jk is the easiest vehicle in the world to run wires into. If you have an auto just poke through the rubber clutch hole on the fire wall. Or any of the rubber grommets for that matter.
Hmm, will have to take another look. Seemed to me like there was a double firewall.

Thanks

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

post #7 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTO X JK View Post
looks good.

What is wrong with the soft top? The frame is pointed up in the air instead of laying over the fender wells.
I strap the frame to the roll bar. Thought it layed down better that way, but maybe I need to fold it differently.. Thanks I check it out.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

post #8 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Rock God

yup...just take a hanger and poke through any of the rubber grommets that are empty. Its a super thin firewall. In fact there were pics of a tree branch going through a firewall at one point its so thin! Also pull the side dash covers and there are grommets in there as well.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #9 of 9 Old 08-03-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
yup...just take a hanger and poke through any of the rubber grommets that are empty. Its a super thin firewall. In fact there were pics of a tree branch going through a firewall at one point its so thin! Also pull the side dash covers and there are grommets in there as well.
OK just checked it out. I still have tinfoil heat sheilding on the firewall so the only thing I see coming through the firewall is the steering column. I had the dash side panels off but didn't realize the gromlets there went all the way through, just looked to me as if it went in between the walls.. Thanks again.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode