Need help with CB Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CaveDiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2016, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Need help with CB Install

Hi, I started installing the Cobra 75 CB on my Wrangler and ran into an issue that I was hoping you guys would have an answer for. The antenna is mounted to the side of the hood (fender) using this mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) The issue is that I don't know how to connect the Coax CB wire to the antenna with this mount. It looks like what I need is an adapter (female to something else) for this mount. Any ideas which adapter I need to get?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

does this image help you understand the components? match match via colors ( red to red, blue to blue...) and the green circle goes to CB. the direction of blue arrow does not indicate the specific end to connect, if you follow, just match the colors and green runs thru hood or tailgate up to CB radio. A firestick or suitable antennae is going to be atop the spring/flex thing.
These were the listed items "frequently bought together..." from the next item at bottom of the Amazon link you provided.
You are missing the co-ax cable, the spring thingy that accompany your adapter plate mount ( for-which is pictured the tightener and locknut piece that are part of the mounting bracket you purchased already). there are hundreds of options .

if that doesn't get it for ya, here is moar visual aid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-12-2016, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
does this image help you understand the components? match match via colors ( red to red, blue to blue...) and the green circle goes to CB. the direction of blue arrow does not indicate the specific end to connect, if you follow, just match the colors and green runs thru hood or tailgate up to CB radio. A firestick or suitable antennae is going to be atop the spring/flex thing.
These were the listed items "frequently bought together..." from the next item at bottom of the Amazon link you provided.
You are missing the co-ax cable, the spring thingy that accompany your adapter plate mount ( for-which is pictured the tightener and locknut piece that are part of the mounting bracket you purchased already). there are hundreds of options .

if that doesn't get it for ya, here is moar visual aid.
This was extremely helpful! I was able to run to a truck stop and get the part I was missing. Thanks for the help!
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode