Swapping Head units - Need Code???? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-29-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Swapping Head units - Need Code????

Hello - I tried searching, but didn't find an answer. I have a 2014 JKHR with the 430N navigation unit, but the Nav is broke. I also have 2016 75th Anniversary with the 430 (no Nav). I want to swap the 430 into the '14 and get a new A/M unit for the 75th Ann.

As I understand it, I need a "code" from the '14 to get the 430 to work in it - or the code from the head unit going into it...not quite sure. I took the '14 to a dealer and told them what I wanted to do, but the parts and service guys had no clue.

Can someone clarify?

2016 JK 75th Rollover Build Project (in-process)
2014 JKHR
2011 JK Rubicon Rollover Project (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-29-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

RE: Anti-theft code...think I found the answer posted in another forum, attributed to someone called "Suicideking" - Quote below;

"The procedure to get the code is as follows. Best to do this BEFORE you ship it to the buyer.

1. Call your dealer and explain that you need your security code
2. They will likely have you come in and show your vehicle registration because they need the VIN number and need to prove that the radio wasn't stolen
3. They will need to go to their 'DEALER CONNECT' site that is only available to dealers
4. Go to the 'SERVICE' section
5. Then go to the 'REPAIR' section. There will be a link on that page for radio security codes.
6. They will have to type in your VIN number and the Serial Number from the radio. (This is why it's better to do this before shipping)

It will then give them the Anti-Theft Code (4 digits)

If you call them and they try to give you the run around (like they did me) insist that they look on their 'DEALER CONNECT' site.

The code IS NOT in the manual that came with your Jeep. There is no supplement for the radio included."

Can anyone confirm?

2014 JKHR
post #3 of 5 Old 12-15-2016, 03:36 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

the above is the proper procedure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-23-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

....Just for everyone's information who may search this topic in the future; I swapped the radio's between the '14 (430N) and the '16 (430) and required NO CODE. I had them both, just didn't need them. They both turned right on and acted as normal.

2014 JKHR
post #5 of 5 Old 11-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjim01 View Post
....Just for everyone's information who may search this topic in the future; I swapped the radio's between the '14 (430N) and the '16 (430) and required NO CODE. I had them both, just didn't need them. They both turned right on and acted as normal.
To add to this, I ordered a used 430 online from a '14 to replace a 130 in my '13 and although I was given the security code, I too, didn't need it. New unit turned on and worked as normal.

'13 10A JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode