Speedo, odo, thermo won't work - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Black09JK
Speedo, odo, thermo won't work

Well my Speedometer, odometer and thermometer are not working. The speedo is just sitting at 0mph, the odometer and thermometer are at whatever they read when the problem started.

The back story:

I had 34" tires installed and used the Procal to adjust the speedo and turn off the TPMS. That was last September. It's been fine since then. Yesterday I installed 35" tires and wanted to adjust the speedo again. I set the pins on the Procal and plugged it in. 2 Beeps. Sweet. I start the Jeep and put it in gear. Back out of the driveway and start to drive down the road. WTF, no speedometer reading. So I tried a reset and doing it all again. Same result. I get the 2 beep confirmation each time but the speedo won't work. So I use my GPS to drive to the store and when I get home I realize my Odometer hadn't changed either. I begin to check other dash functions and my thermometer is stuck at 81 deg. It was def not 81 deg when I got home.

So does anyone know what the problem could be? Fuse maybe? The only thing that pisses me off is that I didn't notice whether the speedo was working when I left the tire shop. I live 2 minutes away and have no need to look at the speedo to drive 3 blocks. Could they have knocked a sensor loose or something?

Any help would be awesome. I can't get it to the Dealership until Wednesday and would like to avoid that if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Wheeler

Mine did the same thing for me once. I believe it was due to me not reseting to stock before changing the tire size. If I remember correctly I reset to stock, got the three beeps and I believe (but not for sure) I disconnected my negative battery cable for a while. I drove it stock for a couple of miles and my speedo and everything was working. I then changed it to the new tire size and have not had any other problems. Hope this helps!

Joe
Det. Yellow 4dr Rubicon
post #3 of 3 Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Black09JK

I'll give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode